17

Ashton's P.O.V

"We're eating here?" Coleen said in disbelief as she stared at the building before our eyes. Andito kami ngayon sa Pilandro to eat some Korean delicacies. Nag-aya siya and asked if we could eat somewhere with Korean dishes. I chose this place because the food here is great and people really enjoy their time here. Ilang beses na rin kami nagpabalik-balik dito ng barkada.

Thinking about last night was quite eventful. After our stop by at that bunny's house, nag-aya ang barkada niya na uminom ng beer. It was awkward since there's two guys, stopping by a convince store at 3 in the morning, both drinking beer. Few words were only exchanged and after that, we parted ways.

'How was she anyways? Malala siguro hangover non. What was she thinking in the first place, drinking with guys she barely knew?' I shook my head just by thinking what just happened last night and chuckled lightly to myself. Sumasakit ulo ko kapag naaalala ko ang mga pangyayari kagabi. Definitely won't forget that night.

"Ash?" I came back to my senses when I heard Coleen called out my name. I got distracted there for a minute. And it's all because of someone. Particularly who resembles a bunny. An annoying one at that.

"Huh? Oh. Yep. The samgyup here is so good," I gave her a comforting smile to let her know the place is okay. Alam kong hindi eeffect sa kanya iyon. Her face turned into a frown. Halatang ayaw niya dito.

I didn't bothered calling the guys to join us. I know Coleen would be uncomfortable with people she barely knew. Ganyan na siya simula pa lang. She only stick around with people she's close with. People who, according to her, are not 'rough with words'. Nagbago na nga talaga. Not the same down to earth Coleen. Manila changed her.

'Why am I with her again? Matagal na kaming nagkahiwalay. It's been what? Three years?' People assume that I was the one holding her back from grabbing opportunities, which was not the whole truth. They really need to get their facts straight. Ako nadedehado dito, porket ako ang lalaki at siya ang babae.

"Oh come on! The food is good here. And the noise is tolerable," I tried convincing her but no to avail. She became a lot stubborn compared to the old Coleen. She let out a defeated sigh and turned to me with a poker face. Finally. It's an indication she gave up.

"Fine. I'm only doing this for you. Gosh, you know how much I hate this kind of places," She uttered grumpily before stepping inside the building. I shook my head as I watch her back, walking inside the building like she owns the place.

'Still spoiled as always,' I hurriedly followed her. As soon as we arrived at the food court where Nari is located at, we were surprised by how crowded it is. It's the weekend and of course, people are gonna be around the town all day long.

Once we sat down after spending some time at the waiting line, dumeretsong kumuha na rin ako ng mga kakainin namin. Iba't ibang flavor ng karne, mga side dishes, gimbaps: you name it. Kumuha na lang din ako ng alam kong sapat para sa'kin at sa kasama kong ngayon ko lang nalaman na diet conscious na pala.

"So, how have you been?" Coleen suddenly asked while I was in the middle of grilling some beef in front of us. I paused for a moment before answering.

"Good. Good. Well... Been kind of busy here and there," I replied. Medyo nagiging busy na rin ako dahil sa darating na internship next semester. I also need to prepare as soon as possible for the NMAT. Either I'm taking it this year, or I'm taking the board exams for Psychometrician this year then proceed with the NMAT next year. I need to keep my focus for now, which means no clubbing every weekends (with the exception of once/twice every after exams only). Bahala na si Cecilio kung tatagay siya mag-isa tuwing sabado't linggo pero sa ngayon ay mananahimik muna ako sa mga ganyang bagay.