29

Ashton's P.O.V

"Ay siomai!" Out of reflex, my arms caught Gwyneth whose about to face plant on the floor. You could hear the booming laughter from the others. Gwyneth was squinting her eyes hard, as if she's expecting pain to come after kissing the floor. Thankfully, I was quick enough to avoid her injuring herself. May pagkalampa nga pala itong batang ito.

'Now that i'm looking at her up close, ngayon ko lang napansin na may konting freckles pala siya,' I could see light freckles spread across her cheeks and nose. Light lang ang color non so hindi siya ganon ka-visible sa malayuan.

"Do you like siomai that much that you always yell that word whenever you're startled?" I couldn't help but ask her. Every time she gets startled by small things or her clumsiness attacks, laging bukambibig niya ang word na 'siomai' which made me wonder if that's her favorite food or something.

"A-Ashton..." Nauutal na sambit nito, her eyes wide in shock. I was still holding her wrist.

"That's my name," I replied.

"Such a clumsy kid. You okay?" Narinig kong sinabi ni Cecilio habang tumatawa.

"Oo... A-ah... ano... pabitaw..." I let go of her hand and looked away awkwardly.

"Oh right..."

"Yie---!" Hera was about to tease us but Cyrus got to her fast, covering her mouth with his hand. There is a look of disgust in Cecilio's eyes as he glance back and forth from Gwyneth and I. I could already tell what he wants to say but refrained from saying it out loud.

"You really should look at where you're going," I pointed out. Namumula si Gwyneth at hindi tumingin sa'kin. She must've felt embarassed to tripped in front of us. It's not like we can control her clumsy moments.

"Uyyyy! Gwyneth! Sing pula mo na yung brip ni Kuya!" Hera broke free from Cyrus and commented. Of all the things she can say, she chose something lewd.

'Gwyneth, Hera and Cyrus seems to fit together as friends. Pare-parehong walang preno sa kanilang mga iniisip,' They're literally a bunch of 6 year old kids trapped inside college student bodies.

"Sa lahat na pwede mong icompare mukha ni Gwyneth, sa brief pa talaga ng Kuya mo?" Cecilio ask Hera, which Hera returned with a shrug. Sinipa naman ni Gwyneth ang bag na nakapulupot na sa kanang paa.

"Yung bag mo naman kase Cy! Pahara-hara! Itapon ko yan eh!" Nag-asaran pa sila habang ako ay nanatiling tahimik nang mapansin ko ang presensya ng Tatay ni Gwyneth. He was looking at us as if chaos arrived inside their home. They were oblivious of his presence but I decided not to say anything. Gwyneth turned to proceed walking toward the direction of their kitchen when she jumped in surprise when she saw her Father's amused face.

"Pa!" Natigil ang tatlong isip bata sa kanilang ginagawa at tinignan ang Tatay ni Gwyneth.

"A-andito po pala kayo?" Kabadong tanong ni Gwyneth. She looked anxious and nervous about what her Father might say about us being here. I felt bad for barging in their home. Baka hindi pa kami naipaalam ni Gwyneth sa parents niya that's why she looked terrified now that we're facing her Father.

"Good afternoon po," "Hello po, Tito!" We all greeted him. I still remember the night we met her family, which was an eventful evening in my opinion. 

'Her Mom and older Sister must be at work,' 

"Ah Pa, mga... ehem... ka-eskwela ko po," She introduced us. Nagsitayuan kami as a sign of respect na din sa mas nakakatanda sa'min as we get acquainted. Well, except for Hera since she seems familiar with him already.