•01•

Driving through the city, Namjoon smoothly turns onto the highway, heading toward the hills just a few kilometers away. Glancing at his friends behind him, he smiles as they happily bounce in their seats. His attention then shifts to Hoseok on his left, nervously seated beside him.

Reaching out, Namjoon taps Hoseok's shoulder, causing the latter to flinch, turning his gaze to the driver. "Why are you so nervous?" Namjoon asks with a chuckle.

"I'm scared. I don't wanna die!" Hoseok exclaims, clutching the seatbelt tightly. Namjoon raises an eyebrow at him.

"Scared? Why?"

"You don't know how to drive!"

Hoseok's shout freezes everyone in their seats. The realization hits them like a truck—Namjoon doesn't know how to drive a car! How could they forget such a crucial detail? Even Namjoon himself momentarily overlooked the fact that he lacks driving skills!

"Why do you have to hit me with reality now?! Oh my god... m-my hands are shivering n-now. God save us!" the driver exclaimed dramatically.

"We should've let Jimin drive the car, instead of fighting for the seats and ending up playing rock, paper, scissors for that. I mean, who even plays rock, paper, scissors to decide a driver?!" Taehyung said, emerging from his panic. "I'm scared. What if my father's car gets a scratch?"

"You worry about the car?! If we're gonna die, then who's gonna apologize to your dad for the tiny scratch? You should worry about our lives!" Jimin hissed, mock-slapping Taehyung's arm. Taehyung pouted at his best friend.

Suddenly, Namjoon slammed on the brakes, making the car screech annoyingly and halt. Everyone jerked forward at the sudden stop. Thankfully, they had seatbelts on, preventing them from getting hurt.

"Why did you hit the brakes like that?" Jimin gasped, patting himself down to make sure he was still in one piece.

"It happened by mistake, I'm sorry. But this is all Hoseok's fault!" Namjoon pointed an accusing finger at the guy next to him. Hoseok's eyes widened comically.

"My fault! You were the one behind the wheel, mister!"

"If you hadn't reminded me that I don't know how to drive, we'd be sipping smoothies at our destination by now."

"Okay, ceasefire. Jimin, you take the wheel," Taehyung declared before Hoseok could fire back at Namjoon with a witty comeback.

Namjoon and Jimin scrambled out of their seats, trading places with the finesse of a sitcom duo. Namjoon joined Taehyung in the back seat, while Jimin assumed the driver's throne. Taehyung and Hoseok settled into their spots, hoping for a journey without any more sudden braking dramas.

"How long till be reach the camping spot? I woke up early today and now I am feeling sleepy," Taehyung grumbled, covering his mouth with his hands while letting out an exaggerated yawn.

"Hmm, more than half an hour, I suppose?" Namjoon replied, consulting Google Maps with the intensity of someone solving a mystery.

"Let's all take a nap," Hoseok suggested, lounging back in the seat and shutting his eyes. The rest of the crew mimicked Hoseok's serene vibe, except for Jimin, who took the wheel.

After about ten minutes of cruising, they found themselves in the countryside, surrounded by fields and tiny houses in the distance. Suddenly, Jimin hit the brakes at a crossroads, pondering two paths—one ordinary, the other looking like the rejected set for a jungle adventure.

Putting some serious thought into his decision, Jimin chose the uneven road into the forest, convinced it had to be a shortcut. I mean, who plops an extra road down for no good reason, right?