•02•

Taehyung simply followed behind the mysterious boy like a lost puppy, admiring the boy's back. He wore a simple plain white shirt, slightly dirty, with grey shorts reaching his knees. Brown hair bounced as he happily skipped. Taehyung's eyes traveled down, noticing the boy's bare feet.

'Did he run without any shoes?' the black-haired boy thought to himself. In no time, they reached a very small house.

"That is my house!" The boy happily exclaimed, pointing towards his humble abode. Taehyung scanned the surroundings and saw three small farms. One, he guessed, was his favorite strawberry patch, the other had carrots, and the third perhaps tomatoes? A little further, he spotted a shelter with cows tied up and some goats. Small chickens roamed around, pecking at grains scattered on the ground.

The cows mooed upon seeing their owner return, and the boy walked up to them, petting their heads lovingly.

The mysterious boy led Taehyung into his house. The black-haired kid hesitantly stepped inside, marking his first time entering a house that didn't belong to the rich or the middle class but instead to a humble dwelling in the forest.

The boy gathered some herbs, a bowl of water, cotton, and a piece of cloth for bandaging. Taking Taehyung's hand, he examined the wound. "Oopsie! Your wound is bleeding," the boy said, using a wet cotton piece to gently dab at the injury and clean it.

"By the way... What is your name?" Taehyung asked, attempting to start a conversation rather than just staring at the stranger while he skillfully bandaged Taehyung's elbow. His heart fluttered unknowingly as he found the stranger undeniably adorable, especially with his endearing 'oopsie.'

"Grandma told me not to disclose my name to strangers," the boy mumbled, wholly focused on Taehyung's injured elbow.

"But you brought a stranger to your house."

"You were hurt. Grandma says always help others. You don't want me to help you, mister?" The boy looked up with big doe eyes and a sad pout on his lips, fearing the other might not want his assistance. The innocence in his expression added to the charm that Taehyung found irresistibly cute.

Taehyung chewed on his lip, finding an unexpected blush creeping onto his cheeks. 'Why am I getting affected by his sad face?'

"T-that's not what I mean. I was just thinking, you won't tell me your name, but you still brought me to your house?"

"To help you!"

"T-thank you so much," Taehyung mumbled slowly, glancing at the boy who once again focused on his elbow. "For saving me from those dogs and for patching me up."

"You're welcome!" The boy looked up, flashing a smile at Taehyung. His heart melted at the cute smile, feeling something peculiar in his stomach but absolutely loving it. The cause of this feeling was the stranger's adorable bunny-like smile.

Taehyung's heart fluttered, and he dreamily smiled back. The other was being too cute to resist. "I'd really like to know your name since you helped me," said Taehyung, attempting to learn the boy's name.

"No! I can't tell yo–" The boy was cut off when he heard footsteps behind him. Turning his head around, he saw his grandmother walking in with vegetables in her hand, smiling at him.

"Grandma~"

"My Jungkookie~" the old woman called out. The brown-haired male rushed to his grandmother, taking the vegetables from her hand and placing them on the small table in the room. He quickly proceeded to help her sit down, as there were no chairs in the room.

'So his name is Jungkookie, how cute!' Taehyung thought, a fond smile playing on his lips as he observed the endearing interaction between Jungkook and his grandmother.

"Why did you go out without my say-so? I was planning to sell those. What if your back starts acting up again?" the boy grumbled, embracing his grandmother, who responded with a flurry of kisses on his face.

Taehyung thought, 'his cheeks must be incredibly soft,' observing the tender interaction between the boy and his grandmother.

"My Jungkookie was working too hard. How could I just sit idle? I need to exercise too. By the way, who is this boy?" the old woman asked, eyeing Taehyung and sensing his possible affluent background.

"I'm Kim Taehyung from Seoul. I came with friends, but I got lost when dogs chased me. He helped me," Taehyung explained, offering a respectful bow.

"So, you're lost. Do you want to stay until you find your friends?" the grandmother proposed, and Taehyung couldn't help but smile, feeling a growing inclination to stay longer, perhaps to repay Jungkook's earlier assistance.

"Yes, please. Thank you, Mrs. Kind Lady," Taehyung said, taking her hand and planting a gentle peck on her knuckles. The grandmother laughed, her smile resembling Jungkook's, adding an extra layer of sweetness to the charming scene.

"I'd prefer you to call me Grandma rather than 'Mrs. Kind Lady.' By the way, my name is Jeon Seoyun, and he is the apple of my eye, Jeon Jungkook," she said, showering Jungkook with affection. "All that's left for me is him."

"Nice to meet you, Grandma, and thanks for letting me stay here!" Taehyung chimed, turning to Jungkook. "Your name is so cute! Jungkook! Why didn't you tell me before?" Jungkook blushed, avoiding eye contact.

"I forbade him from telling his name to strangers, especially those from the city," the grandmother explained.

“Why?”

"He is too innocent. I don't want anyone to take advantage of him," she shared. Taehyung 'oohed' understandingly and reassured, "Don't worry. I'm not like them."

"You must be hungry after running so much. I'll prepare lunch while you take some rest," Jungkook said, rising and heading to the small kitchen attached to the living room, grabbing utensils along the way.

"You know how to cook?" Taehyung asked in surprise. Jungkook shyly nodded, a blush coating his cheeks, making him look even more adorable. Taehyung chuckled, admiring Jungkook, who slowly turned around, switching on the small gas stove.

Little did they realize, the suspicious eyes of Seoyun were watching all of this unfold.

°*°*°

The story will be having short chapters, some chapters might be long.