Epilogue

Janvi felt her head pound from stress and she closed her eyes in an attempt that it might stop. But it didn't.

     "You okay?" Veer asked her as he slipped in between the sheets.

    "I'm fine. My heads hurts. That's all. Are the girls asleep?"

      "Yes. They're nice and tucked it and now it's your turn." He stood up from the bed and walked to the dressing table. "You're working too much."

    "I have to. I am stressed about how we'll cope once that virus reached India."

     He picked a small bottle and walked towards the bed and sat behind her. The smell of lavender filled the room and she could already feel her headache fading away. She felt his fingers massage her temple and she groaned in relief.

     "Stop worrying. We'll be fine. You're already stressing about Sakshi's image and the company."

    "I'm trying to convince her not to divorce but she's adamant. Can you try talking to her? This will really ruin her image."

     "No way. I hate that guy. I am relieved she's divorcing him."

     Janvi groaned, "Listen to me Veer. There are different sets of rules for women in politics... Oh yes...a little to the right please....." she groaned and continued, "Either they have to be single all their lives or be faithfully married. Divorced women are still a taboo."

    "I get that. I am just saying that I feel guilty for telling her to stay in that hellish marriage. She was married off to him because of me. Because I refused to marry Priya Sandhini. And just now after dad is gone, she's finally doing things her own way. She deserves to be free too. Like me."

   "But Veer...I understand how important politics is to her and I'm not telling her to be a devoted wife. I'm just telling her to stall the divorce until after she's settled."

   "You're right, Mrs. Rane. Maybe you can push out a scandal which will show her in favourable light. I'm pretty sure he's having an affair. Maybe if that got out, and she got divorced, the people can sympathize with her."

    "I hate him. He's having an affair?"

    "I think so and her in-laws are really trashy. That's why I'm strongly on her side to just get a divorce. I want her to be happy."

    "I hope so. I'll find a solution. Now, if I could just write up a plan for next year..."

    "Nope." He leaned forward and shut her laptop. "We're going to sleep now, Mrs. Rane."

    Janvi groaned. "Noooooo. I just need like 20 minute..."

     "No. " he said pulling her laptop away from her and setting it on her desk.

      She sighed and gave up. She slipped inside the covers. He switched of the lamps. "How's your blog coming along?" She enquired about the House husbands blog he wrote. She was actually surprised at how quickly his blog took off.

     "It's going okay." The bed dipped. "I think I might have a book by next year, nothing sure though."

    "That's amazing!" She turned towards him and caressed his jaw.

   She knew how hard it was on him. He did have a lot of haters and trolls who called him names and questioned his masculinity. But at the end of the day, he was perfect to her.

      The most important lesson she learnt through her marriage with Veer was that, there were a million ways to say - I love you  without saying the words itself and somehow they perfectly knew it meant - I love you.