Chapter Thirteen

Janvi felt like hiding herself. She felt like an intruder in a personal matter. Looking at Sakshi's familial situation had given her a different perspective of Sakshi. Janvi felt sorry for Sakshi. The men in the room were hell bent on discussing personal matters in front of strangers.

Just when she thought, Sakshi would burst out, Sakshi walked out if the room. The room felt silent after the slam of the door. She looked at Veer who was busy pouring himself a drink.

She felt a nerve in her tic. She didn't know why he was acting in such a way. He didn't even acknowledge her presence in the room.

The room was silent until Veer placed the empty glass down. "I'm out." He said and Janvi watched him leave the room.

There was only one question in her mind, where were they now? She thought they had something going but his behavior suggested otherwise.

***

After Dhruv got some first aid, they walked outside. They stood by the entrance as the valet brought Dhruv's car around.

"Janvi? Where were you? I was looking for you."

Janvi took a deep breath for strengty. It was Nikhil. "Dhruv got hurt so I was tending to him."

Nikhil frowned, "Dhruv. Hi."

"Hey." Dhruv said in a clipped tone.

They both stared at each other heatedly. "Why don't you come with me? You can stay at my place." Nikhil suggested.

"I can't do that. I have to drive Dhruv home. He can't drive in this state."

"I can send my driver with him." Nikhil said.

"Uh no thanks. I prefer Janvi." Dhruv said in a cold tone.

Janvi felt grateful that the car was brought down and she rushed to the car before Nikhil could force her. She bid farewell to Nikhil and drove the car.

****

"He doesn't know you shifted to Mumbai, does he?" Dhruv asked as soon as they hit the main highway.

"He doesn't." Janvi said. She didn't know why she was lying to Nikhil. But she didn't want Nikhil to know that she was here.

"Is that bastard troubling you?"

"No. No. He is not. I just- I just don't want him to know."

She said, "Hey, do you mind if I dropped by my apartment first. Asha and Usha must be looking for me. I can call you a cab from there."

"Sure. Sure. I missed my nieces anyway."

***

Janvi knew something was up the moment she stepped inside her office building. The atmosphere seemed very tense. And she was called to the office despite of it being a Sunday. She walked in to her office and found Sakshi seated in her chair.

Sakshi looked unusually tired. Her face was bare of make up, her eyes were blood shot and her hair was in a bun.

"Did you look at my brother's profile?" Sakshi thrust her screen towards her.

Janvi grabbed the phone and looked closely. It was Veer's finstagram account. He had posted a picture of his view at a restaurant. She recognized it as the restaurant they had been to last week. She frowned as she couldn't find anything wrong with the picture.

"What am I looking for?"

Sakshi held her head, "There's a picture of a woman's hand in the table and somehow people linked it to Miss Gargi because if this selfie she posted last week. She is seen wearing the same ring as the woman in the picture!"