Chapter Seven

A/N: Please comment.

***

Present:

      Veer overlooked the movers moving their stuff in the new building. His plan was that Janvi had her roots in Delhi. She wouldn't follow him here. But a small part of him wished that she would.

     His phone rang breaking his thoughts.  It was his sister - Sakshi.

     "Don't tell me you moved to Mumbai." Sakshi groaned.

      "I have." He grinned.

     "Shut up! Why would you move? You just moved to Delhi! Do you know how much I am hearing from the board? And from my husband? Whom I had to marry because of you!"

  He sighed. She was right. He owed her. When he refused to marry Priya Sandhini. Sakshi had to step up and marry Siddharth Sandhini so that the deal didn't fall through.

***

Past:

   Veer did not eat anything for three days. He refused to. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be a politician. He didn't want to marry that Priya Sandhini. He was this close to escaping and Janvi had ruined it.

She had ratted him out to his sister who immediately stopped the planeand got him off.

  His dad entered his room with Sakshi and sat opposite him. "What do you want?"

     "I don't want to be a politician, dad."

       His dad was quiet for a long time, "That's not an option."

      "I don't want to marry Priya."

    "But-" He saw Sakshi speak up but a glare from their father quietened her down.

     "Okay. Then you will not marry her. Now, eat." His father said and left the room with Sakshi.

  ***

   The deal with the Sandhinis was that he would marry Priya and the Sandhinis would endorse his political campaign. It had taken merely a day for the Sandhinis to come knocking at their door.

     Mr. Sanjay Sandhini sat on the couch  and his nephew, Siddharth flanked his side. "Rajeshji, I respect you and I believed that you wouldn't go back on your promise. You promised a wedding and now you're cancelling it. You are bringing shame to my daughter."

      "You were promised a wedding and a wedding will happen." His father said.

       "You said your son refused to marry."

       "He has. But I have a daughter too. Sakshi. And you have your nephew over here."

          Mr. Sanjay looked around awkwardly, it was one thing to have your daughter marry into the Rane family but have a Rane daughter-in-law was another thing. "That's that but they have to agree too." He looked towards his nephew.

     "I am ready to marry Sakshi Rane." His nephew said.

      "There's that." His dad said. "You'll be our esteemed in laws."

       "But Sakshi? Shouldn't we ask her?"

       "My daughter won't go against my wishes." His father said.

And just like how his father had said, Sakshi had agreed to marry Siddharth in a heartbeat.

****