Chapter four

Dedicated to arshidreamer

Veer's POV

Veer Rane was thirty-five
years old and living the life of a prisoner.He was bound by his grandfather's legacy. It choked him and suffocated him. He had found a way out it 6 years ago but someone ruined that, he didn't even wish to think about her name. She had ruined him.

He had searched for her. He had. But she had disappeared into thin air. Until she resurfaced. Right in front of him in the candidacy announcement party. He never expected her to be there. But he should've. Her husband was there. That's why all his searches were futile. One, she wasn't in Mumbai and two, she wasn't Janvi Singh anymore.

But it didn't matter. He was over her. After she pushed him and ran away from the bathroom, she saw her with him, they looked like a perfectly married couple. He decided to leave her alone. It had been too long  anyway.

    "So she is married? Well, that must've hurt." Rachel said. Rachel was the companion he visited every week. Companion was a light word. Others called her a whore, a prostitute.

     "Yes and no. All we had was an one night stand that went on for three nights."

      Rachel laughed and sputtered out her drink. "Oh sure. Just an one night stand. Is that why you haven't even tried to sleep with me since three weeks?"

      Veer downed his glass of brandy and looked at the empty glass of ice cubes. "That's not why I'm here."

    He wasn't lying. He wasn't here for sex. He kept thinking about how to escape the gold gilded cage, he came to an epiphany - What is the fastest way to ruin a politician?

    A sex scandal.

There were many ways to go about it. He could leak a sex tape. But that would require him having sex and doing it without his sister noticing. She always had men around him. But him visiting a club wasn't that inconspicuous so he got away with it for three weeks.

   He was going to tip one of the paparazzi writers about his whereabouts soon and there would be a sex scandal.

   "Why are you here then?" Rachel asked her. A smile grazing her lips

    "None of your business." He got up and took hold of his throat. He walked over to her and tipped her chin. "Don't tell me you don't enjoy this little break." He said and walked out the door.

      ***

     He came into his empty hotel room. A lot of things had happened in the past years. He threw a tantrum that he didn't want to marry the Sandhini's daughter. It pissed many people off. Even Sakshi. But she had to marry Siddharth Sandhini because of him. They both suited each other. He had never seen Siddharth smile, like ever.