Chapter Six

Veer watched her leave her office and let out a long sigh. She ruined it just when he had it going all according to plan. He couldn't vent it out on her and he knew a person he could.

He took out his phoneand dialled his sister's number. "Are you kidding me, Sakshi? Really? Janvi Kapoor again?"

His sister laughed at his frustration, "A sex-scandal? Veer? Really?"

"Oh shut it! Why did it have to be her?"

"I don't know brother. I just know that she's good at this stuff and the best to rein you in."

Veer scoffed, "Fine. You want to play like this? Game on sis. Game on."

"Sure. Good luck!"

He cut the call and slumped on his chair. He needed to do something and that too quick.

He called Vikram, "Hey Vikram. I want to know everything about Mrs. Khanna. Our new PR manger. Do that as soon as possible."

***

Janvi rushed through the capital to make it to Asha who was innthe hospital. The traffic was giving her a headache. She went to the hospital and talked to the doctors and they had scheduled a surgery for tomorrow.

It was her first day of work. She felt uncomfortable taking leave but Asha needed her now. She dialled Sakshi's number.

"Hello."

"Hey, Sakshi. I am realky sorry to trouble you but I need a leave okay. My daughter is in the hospital and I-"

"What happened?"

Janvi looked at her cellphone in astonishment. Sakshi Rane's voice was dripping with concern.

"Her appendix. It ruptured."

"You have enough money on you for the surgery?"

"Yes. I have. I just wanted to inform you about my leave."

"It's okay. Not more than a week. We can't loosen his leash."

"Sure. Thanks."

***

  Veer was late  the next morning. He didn't want to be early and be desperate. He saw the people in his office were relaxed. He walked by her office and expected her to be there. But he was surprised that she wasn't.

He entered his office and called in Vikram. Viakram walked in with a big smile. "Well, good news. The witch isn't coming today. She's on a holiday."

  Veer frowned. He knew how dedicated she was, this wasn't like her at all. "Why?"

      "Personal reasons I think."

    Veer tapped his chin. He was curious. But the people who might know what happened to her must be she herself or his sister and he wasn't in the mood to talk to either. "What about the information I asked about?"

      Vikram slid the file on his desk. "Janvi Khanna. Wife of Nikhil Khanna, ACP in Mumbai. Though she lives here alone in Delhi with her children -"

    "Children?!" Veer looked up from the file. She was married. He knew that. She had children from him, that shocked him.

    "Yes. Asha and Usha. Twins."

   "Twins? That's strange...go on." Veer said.

  Vikram continued, "Her parents are deceased. She has a sister, Kushi Kapadia who is married to Dhruv Kapadia and she lives here in Delhi too. She's studying Medicine."

Vikram paused, "She started a security company 5 years back, that was when she shifted to Delhi. Her company is in losses, as far as I know."

     "How old are the twins?" Veer found himself asking.

     "They just turned five. She has recently applied to New English School."

     Veer found his mind wandering. So her children were just babies when she founded the company. 

     "Oh I almost forgot! She and her husband have applied for annulment I think."

    "What!?"
Vikram looked at him strangely and he controlled his shock. "You can go." After Vikram left, he walked to the window and peered out. She had her whole life set here. And an idea struck him.

***
Janvi took 3 days of leave and then returned to the office. She was surprised to see moving  trucks out in front of the building. She took the elevator and saw tge whole office in chaos. There were boxes everywhere.

She stopped the tall guy in glasses, "Vikram. What us going on?"

     "We're moving."

       "To where in Delhi?"

       "We're moving to Mumbai ma'am."

        "What?! Why? Who?"

       "Veer sir thought it would be better to move the office to Mumbai."

       "But - what about the employees? They were laid off?"

       "No. We all shifted here for Veer sir. We are happy to move back home."

     Janvi held her head as she felt a headache starting. She couldn't move to Mumbai. Not now. When her children's admissions were at stake, her company which was here, and most importantly Nikhil was there in Mumbai.

     She glared at Vikram, "Tell your boss, he can move to the depths of hell and I'll still be at his tail. You tell him that."

A/N: I know I was very very late. Life got very busy. Thank you for reading. Comment please!