🅃🅆🄴🄽🅃🅈 🄾🄽🄴

Lolade stared at Jesse's contact ID on her phone as her hands hovered the name various times. Her heart was beating so fast that she didn't know what to do.

Nifemi had come to meet her few minutes earlier grinning from ear to ear. She had claimed she had an answer to Lolade's fears and all. She had been genuinely curious about what Lolade was talking about until Nifemi had played the voice note Allen had sent to her. 

Lolade dropped her phone again as she paced around the quiet corridor; it was past 10pm at night but she knew that Jesse would probably still be awake reading.

Sucking in a breadth while at the same trying to calm her heart, she finally picked her phone and while fumbling with it, her hands mistakenly pressed dial.

Lolade stared at the phone horrified and just as she made to end the call; Jesse picked the call and Lolade quickly pressed the phone to her ears while ignoring her heartbeat that had gone overboard again.

"Ade" Jesse's voice drifted into her ears and maybe because of what she had heard from Allen; his voice seemed more sultry in her ears and Lolade could feel shivers course through her body.

"Am I interrupting your reading?" Lolade asked quietly as Jesse chuckled.

"You are" Jesse replied as Lolade blinked her eyes and swallowed her saliva while trying to say something when Jesse spoke again.

"But I don't mind" Jesse added as Lolade heard a tinge of laughter in his voice. She realized that he was messing with her again and she pouted.

"You are messing with me again" Lolade said in a small voice and Jesse chuckled.

"How is your reading coming up?" Jesse asked as Lolade bent down as she started separating the smaller stones from the bigger stones in front of her.

"Going fine. We just went for a short break just now" Lolade replied as she pursed her lips. She didn't know if she should ask him.

What if he had just been joking? What if he didn't mean it? Wouldn't she be jumping faster...

"Okayy. If you need help, call me" Jesse said as Lolade nodded.

"En" she said as she went quiet for a while. Jesse's chuckle filtered into her ears again and Lolade could literally feel shivers going down her spine.

"Ade, you want to say something?" Jesse asked as Lolade swallowed her saliva.

"I heard you got into a fight in school today" Lolade replied in a small voice as Jesse went quiet for a while before she heard him chuckling again.

"Who told you that?" Jesse asked as Lolade pursed her lips.

"Allen told Nifemi" She replied as Jesse chuckled again.

"To think that one is a busybody" Jesse said as Lolade heard him moving in the background.

"I heard it was because of me" Lolade said as Jesse laughed.

"You know, your name should get into the Guineas Book of Records" Jesse started as Lolade started counting the stones in front of her.

"Why?" She asked.

"I've never gotten into an argument as long as I can remember. And I get into one for the first time in my life and its for a girl" Jesse replied.

"You" Jesse added as Lolade went numb for a while before she replied.

"You.... You don't mind do you?" Lolade asked stammering a bit as she bit down quietly on her lower lip.

"No I don't" Jesse replied as Lolade smiled as she nodded.