Chapter 15 - It's Will.

The days just end up getting worse. If I didn't have my friends (Sterling, Miki, the Scottish twins, and the girls from the Mardi Gras who work with me) I think I would probably start going drugs. Seriously.

Okay, so maybe not. But that's how bad everything feels. If one good thing comes out of it all, it's that it shows me how good your normal friends can be for you - as gay as that sounds. Now that Niall and Katy and Tai and everyone back from Kingston hates me, I have to start making new, reliable ones here, despite the undeserving dick I've been.

A few painful weeks pass and I don't see Alyssa. Miki comes round quite a bit to Sterling and I's apartment. Stirling seems to like her because "She's cute and allows me to say what I want, I unlike you" and I like her because she's just a normal person to be friends with. Work gets better because Ky gets moved up to the top floor, away from me, and a new girl called Keira starts working in his place, who is also blonde like Cara, Madi and Justine. They all hang out with me sometimes at lunchtime, and Anthony and Martin, the Scottish twins. They aren't as nerdy as I thought when Sterling invited them to his party for my birthday.

I'm dreading that day.

-

When September draws to a close everyone is notified of the exams we are all gonna have before we go home in three weeks. And my birthday, and the party Stirling has organised, are moving closer towards us. I'd like to think they were both two separate things but I know they're not meant to be, and they won't be.

We're a few days into October when I'm sat with Cara and Justine outside the water fountain just at the edge of the campus. I'm studying and the other two are painting their nails, when out of nowhere Cara clicks her tongue impatiently. When I look up and follow her death-glare-gaze, or try to, I spot two guys tying their bikes to the metal bike rack things, normal as anything.

I look at her confusedly. "What?"

"That girl." This time she actually points and Justine immediately grabs her arm and tries to pull it down.

When I follow the way her arm is pointing and my stomach does this whole shift. I almost get knocked off the edge of my seat on the fountain. It's as if my whole insides have just been plunged into boiling hot water.

Myra and Alyssa.

They're both sat eating sandwiches on the grass on the other side of the path, and talking animatedly. As Myra says something with a great big grin on her face, then does a sweeping gesture to the grounds, Alyssa laughs lightly.

"That girl is the rudest little bitch I've ever come across." Cara is full on scowling now.

"Which one?" My voice sounds more than a little desperate.

Justine's eyes are wide, as Cara mumbles darkly, "The one with the black hair. She looks sort of Asian."

That's when Myra decides to look up. When she sees us all, she immediately raises her middle finger, her facial expression casual, her eyebrows nonchalantly raised.

Justine replies with a ruder hand gesture.

I start to wonder what Myra did to the girls, but I don't have time - now I've seen Alyssa I can't stay here. Call me a coward, but I just can't. I grab my books and my orange and then tell the two blondes that I have to go.

"Don't bloody tell me you know her too," Justine growls.

I pause for one second, then bend down and whisper, "The one with the curly hair was my girlfriend. And the other one was my best friend's cousin."