Chapter 17 - Alyssa now.

Chapter 17 - Alyssa here.

I wake up one morning to find that Myra is sending continuous messages to my phone every millisecond, and when I brace myself against the harsh light of the phone through the bleary early morning air, I see about eight missed calls from her.

Grumbling, I sit up and begin to attempt hitting the call button, clumsily jabbing my thumb against it. Then suddenly the phone vibrates as she rings me a ninth time, and I answer it with a curse.

"Hello?" I sort of snap.

"Finally!" Myra yells through to me. I can hear like a breeze and cars in the background, and alarmed, I check the dark window and then my clock which tells me it is coming up to quarter past six in the morning. Why is she even up at this time?

"What do you what?" I grumble. "It's too early. My first lecture isn't until like half nine."

I love love love where my dorm is. I can just skip across the courtyard to the lecture hall with my pyjamas on - no one stares, because no one does any different. In the morning lectures dressing gowns and bleary eyes are always abundant, and usually most people have a cup of coffee in their hand from the shop around the corner.

"Half nine?" She echoes. "This is great!" Myra yells down the phone and I feel like throwing it against the wall. "That means we've got even more time!"

"For what?" I call. "Myra, where the hell are you?"

"Well I'm on the way to your dorm," she informs me, her voice bright. "And I have coffee for me and hot chocolate for you, since you hate coffee."

"Thanks," I mumble grudgingly. "But why are you even coming here?"

Suddenly, I hear her gasp. "WHY? Well - because it is that party tonight! It starts at eight and I have to help you pick out an outfit before we have to go to classes and everything. My first class is at like half nine. Also, you have to give your opinion on the outfit I'm gonna wear - I'm bringing it with me!"

She sounds so damn excited, which I don't understand. I immediately feel resentment towards parties and clubs and loud, rubbish music - so much that the room starts spinning round.

"I- I don't think I want to go to this party."

"I knew you'd say that, and that's the reason I'm taking you. You've been sad for too long!" She exclaims, and suddenly the windy noise behind her stops. "I'm inside now," she explains. "I'll be at your door in like twenty seconds."

That just gives me enough time to make my bed, and go into the bathroom to clean my teeth. I eye my birds nest hair before pulling the hairband out and shaking it free so my curls just spiral down my back in a carefree but acceptable way.

Myra knocks on the door approximately three seconds after, and I rush to get my key, then let her in. With her she brings the scent of cherry perfume and coffee and chocolate. She sets the two drinks down on my desk before hugging me, then places a carrier bag on my bed.

"How good a friend am I?" She literally yells, skipping towards the window and almost stripping the curtains off their pole as she pulls them back.

"Hmm, a great friend." I laugh sleepily and grab the cup with hot chocolate in it. "Thanks, Myra."

"That's okay. I'm sure the time will come when you do the same for me," she chuckles, then glides back over to the bed and sits down, while I hover near my wardrobe door. "Shall I show you the outfit I'm planning to wear?"

"Why not?"

Myra grins then reaches for the carrier bag while I gulp down some of my hot chocolate. I watch as she pulls out a glittery black sleeveless top and then a flared white skirt which looks quite short, along with some black heels.