Chapter 24 - Alyssa now.

I don't know what's come over me, but tonight I just feel like I want to be a different person. My outfit helps. Jack helps. Being here helps - I'm sick of being upset about Will Palmer. I want to start a new life.

"What sort of games do you want to play, Alyssa?" Jack asks me slowly. I see suspicion in his eyes. Maybe he's hoping that I don't want to play Seven Minutes In Heaven.

"Truth or dare," I tell him.

That's when his friend Ash appears, with a girl dressed in a devil costume hanging off him like an accessory. She stares at me with a red-lipped smile.

"Did I just hear the words Truth Or Dare?" Ash smirks.

"Oooh. Let's play that!" His girlfriend sings.

Jack looks down at me, and I can see in his eyes that he looks scared for me. But I just smile and nod. "Yeah."

"Okay, into the dining room. I'll grab some drinks and call some others to play with us." Ash nods and then his girl detaches herself from him, only to grab my hand. She pulls me along and I cling to Jack.

The dining room is a ginormous, quieter room down the hall, with white walls and mirrors everywhere and a long glass table in the middle. Ash's girlfriend shoos some drunk-looking skeleton guys away from the table and they go to sit on the floor in the corner, clutching bottles.

"Oh, I never got your name!" She grins at me. "I'm Sofia."

"Alyssa," I say, then glance at Jack to see him sighing and pulling up a chair with his werewolf mask on his knee.

I drop into the seat beside him, and Sofia sits opposite is just as three tall guys enter, followed by a ginger girl. One of the guys sits down beside Sofia and places a bottle in the centre of the table with a smirk.

"Hey, Jack," another says, and they all drop into seats. More and more people come. I notice Jack's jaw tighten after a while, and I look around to see who the person causing this could be. But I don't know anyone - not their name, nor their story. So I sit quietly until Ash finally comes in. By then, there are about fifteen of us.

"Okay guys." He glances at the bottle on the table as he nudges Sofia. She stands up, and he slides into her chair then pulls her onto his knee. "Right, we doing spin the bottle?"

"Looks like it," the guy sat beside Jack says. He then leans forward to spin it, and everyone goes silent.

It lands on a girl with black, sleek hair, wearing a revealing witch's outfit. She looks shocked, but rolls her eyes and smiles, leaning her elbow on the table. The ginger girl beside her who is sat on the table giggles.

"Truth or dare, Melanie?" She asks.

I feel my stomach twist as I recognise the name from what Jack told me. The girl who cheated on him.

"Truth," Melanie decides.

"Why are you such a slut?" Someone calls out. Everyone turns around and I catch sight of a blond boy sat there smirking, his arms crossed on the table. I glance up at Jack to see him staring down at the table.

"I could be a virgin for all you know, you bastard Luke," Melanie snaps at him.

Luke shakes his head. "Everyone knows that you-"

"Alright bitch," Ash growls at Luke. "Stop bitchin' bout my sister. Can we please get a decent truth for Melanie?"

The guy beside me takes a sip from his cup then shouts out, "Bra size?"