← ʙᴇɴɴᴇᴛᴛ ⋟ sᴛᴀʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴇ ←

I honestly didn't think I'd get any requests but here's a request made by YeoleumChan

-Fluff

⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟⋟

You were aquatinted with a specific boy, but he'd avoid you all too often. You shared an apartment with him, due to Katherine's request to keep him safe, but he always left early in the morning and came home late at night.

He did that for an oddly pathetic reason.

"Master Cyrus, do you have any clue where Bennett went?" You asked, searching for a certain boy.

Cyrus scratched his head and mumbled, "I'm not sure...however, I do remember he did say to me that he was going to beat this giant flower all the way in Liyue..."

You mentally shrieked in terror, but still thanked Cyrus before taking off to Liyue. Thank goodness you had teleport waypoints. Without them, Bennett might be dead by the time you get there.

You had a (vision) vision, and it was great for fending off the pyro flower. You have defeated it several times by using elemental reaction (sorry for those who have a pyro vision). Nevertheless, you still brought food for the both of you, being cautious of every step you took.

"Bennett! Are you hereeee? Hello?" You yelled but there was no response.

You shook your head and jumped down the hole to see Bennett fending off the flower with just pure base attacks.

"Bennett are you out of your mind?!" You screamed, but in contrast to the roaring flower, the boy could barely hear you speak.

"I-I.."

"I brought some hash browns, you go sit there while I kill this pyro flower. You're badly hurt." You said worriedly as you bridal carried Bennett to the side.

You felt his heart thump wildly against ur chest, and you dropped him on the edges of the cave.

"Now watch me." You winked, making the butterflies in his stomach flutter and feel warm.

You used your (element) vision and broke the tree's roots in no time. You then tried to do the biggest damage you can get, and managed to one-shot the thing for the first time.

"Wow, (Y/N)! Do you always one-shot these bosses? You're so cool... if only I could be a little more like you...then I can uh..." He said while blushing, and looked at you shyly. "P-Protect you.."

You scratched the back of your neck and blushed in silence. The atmosphere around the two of you was hot and uncomfortable, and you just laughed.

"Hey Bennett? Let's go home for now, okay? I'll ask Barbara to heal you at the Cathedral- actually never mind..." You trailed off, bridal carrying him.

"Hunh? I'll go ask Barbara to heal me, you just stay at home and rest. One-shotting the flower was a big deal. You deserve some rest." He nodded, teleporting his way back to Mondstadt's city square with me.

"I-I can heal you..! Sucrose made me this potion for outer injuries. We-we don't need Barbara's healing! She's probably in rehearsals anyways..." You stuttered, carressing his hand, but he pulled away, face red.

"N-No...I-I'll just go find Barbara.." He looked away, then running off to the Cathedral.

You and Barbara were friends, but you knew that had something for Bennett. Something a bit more than "just friends". It's obvious, really. Every time Bennett would get injured, Barbara would be the first to volunteer to heal him. She'd blush, and he, use to blush too. All until you started appearing in his life.

You used to follow the boy around, intrigued by his careless and accidental nature. Sometimes people even refer you to a stalker, but you were just so drawn towards him. You didn't know why at first, since it didn't feel like those butterflies were really feelings, but after some time communicating and going on adventures together, the two of you had a pretty good bond.

Until lately.

The boy recognized his feelings for you, and wanted to stay away from you.

As far.

As possible.

He was scared, scared that you'd get "infected" by his unluckiness. You were dazzling and friendly to everyone, doing everything with precaution and grace. Unlike him, you were perfect in his eyes.

You can't do this anymore, you felt jealous. Your stomach sunk as you walked your way back to your apartment, buying some dinner and a bouquet of Windwheeling Asters.

You headed your way in the shower, relieving all your stress and jealousy and letting it drip down the drain.

"(Y/N)...? Are you here...?" You heard Bennett speak, from the entrance door. "I'm back... ooh! I need to ascend real soon. Gee, when she's home I really have to thank her real good."

You heard his giggles and you started giggling too. What you didn't notice, was the bathroom door creaking open, and a careless Bennett taking off his goggles.

"AHHH!" He screamed, slamming the door back shut.

You weren't clothed since you're still showering, but was fogged up due to the white steam filling the shower.

"Bennet?" You spoke, turning off the water, stepping out the shower, then wrapping yourself in a towel. "You're home?"

"Y-Yes I a-am..." You heard him groan bashfully.

You quickly dressed yourself,

"Um, I'll get out and uh- you can have a shower next. You look like you need one." You said, looking at his dripping figure. Most likely because of Barbara's healing.

The both of you were lying in the same bed, but two feet apart from each other. In between you two was a bowl of popcorn, and in front was a 4K TV Barbara bought for Bennet.

Your hands were reaching for popcorn when all the sudden another hand touched yours. The boy quickly retracted his hand and blushed, mumbling an apology. You were beyond curious at this point, and decided to find out.

Your hands clasped onto his and situated yourself on his laps.

"Bennett, you know I don't like beating around the bush, so tell me, why have you been avoiding me..?" You quietly whispered with sadness laced under your demanding tone.

"(Y/N), if you get too close to me, you will be unlucky..."

"Then how is it that you can get close to Barbara?" You asked, furrowing your eyebrows jokingly, stifling a laugh.

The boy took it seriously though.

"(Y/N). You're the only girl that I like. You're pretty, you're strong, you're nice, you're everyone's type. I do admit Barbara is nice to me, but you... are different."

"Oh? Am I not pretty enough for you-? Well I'm sorry about that.." You joked, faking a sad face.

"W-What (Y/N)..! How could you say that?! You're the prettiest girl I've ever met! Do you know how many photos of you I keep in my pockets?!" The boy quietly yelled, eyes closed.

"You like me and have photos of me in your pockets...?" You questioned, unsure if he just exposed himself.

His face reddened, and he covered his hands over his mouth.

"Y-Yes..." He mumbled, the tip of his ears becoming crimson red.

Your hands moved on its own, and moved his hands off of his face, then gently caressing his cheeks. You leaned in for a kiss, but unfortunately, the boy had no idea how to kiss back. You turned away, and was about to give yourself some space when the boy suddenly clutched onto your waist.

"(Y/N)...d-don't go..." He mumbled, hugging you from the back, his nose buried in your shoulder.

"Alright, I won't."