← ᴀᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ⋟ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ ←

"(Y/N)..." Paimon glanced at you, dragging her voice with worry.

The two of you shared the same mind while Aether was still in disbelief and asking Katheryne questions.

"Hey, you don't know that! Maybe he'll choose to take us with him. Maybe he'll stay in Teyvat with Lumine and the rest of us." You snapped back at Paimon.

Paimon gave you an unsure look and shook her head. You looked at Aether anxiously.

You thought this was a good chance for him but couldn't bear to lose him. You knew damn well that you were probably just there to fulfill his emptiness and loneliness. You hated how things would be and secretly wished for him to stay with you because you knew he would return to where he came from and leave Teyvat. It hurt.

"(Y/N), Paimon!" Aether walked to you two and embraced both of you.

"Want to go there right now? We're close to a teleportation point." Aether exclaimed, causing a wave of sorrow goes through you.

You looked at Paimon, and she was okay with it. You weren't, though. You wanted to cherish the last of the two of you's moments and be with him for one last time and what you thought might be the last of your happy days.

"L-Lets walk, shall we..?" You muttered, drawing everyone's attention.

The two of them looked at you for a second, trying to figure out why you'd want to walk and ride a boat for days when you could travel in a second.

Aether looked at your anxious and saddening face and smiled a little.

"Yeah, let's travel by feet."

The two of you locked eye contact.

Paimon started complaining to Aether as you walked away from Liyue. The two of them were soon bickering before you began smiling to yourself and feeling safe. It's like someone planted a warm, fuzzy, and happy ball inside you.

As the three of you walked further away from the outskirts of town, and into the wilderness, you felt a warm hand holding onto your pinky. You looked to his side and saw him as red as a tomato.

There it is again. His ears tinted crimson, his hand over his mouth.

"W-What are you looking at..." He mumbled to you.

It was these small moments that you treasured. You felt your lips curl into a small smile, making Aether give you a cheeky grin.

——————————————————————————

Days passed as the three of you rode Beidou's boat from Liyue to Inazuma. Aether and Paimon were cooking up a storm angering the Crux's chef while you and Beidou sat on the deck's steps.

"Pardon me, but you guys can use teleport waypoints, right? It's much more convenient than sitting in a boat." Beidou sat on the stairs of the Crux, looking at you.

"Well... I like traveling the traditional way." You glanced at the trickling waters as the boat paced slowly.

The evening sky was a mellow rosy, coral color dusted with ivory clouds. The salty scent of the ocean and the smell of the humid wooden stairs made you think. You started to reminisce about the times you and Aether rode your boat, traveling from city to city, hand in hand.

You remembered when you two shared your first kiss. The two of you were on a small island, and Aether made Paimon distract you all day. At evening, 5:53, Aether led you blindfolded to the beach, barefoot. You felt the quiet water run between your feet, treasuring the cold yet comforting sensation.