← ᴀʏᴀᴛᴏ ⋟ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴍᴇ ? ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ←

- fluff

You were roaming through the streets of Inazuma's town square at night, feeling the spring breeze that was hinted with tints of pink. Cherry blossom trees were planted along the stony path. The aroma of sweet mochi on the grill along with the grilled squid on a stick were dancing in the wind, drawing you close to every stall. The cherry blossom petals were everywhere, creating a fresh image of the square. The sounds can go from kids' laughter to the yelling of stands. However, there was a particular voice that caught your interest.

"I would like two sakura mochis with the red bean paste filling, and one plain mochi."

"That would be 2,000 mora sir."

You picked up on that voice as it circled in your head like a melody. His voice sounded so gentle, and he was wearing a cloak over his set of pretty clothing.

You were intrigued with his order since it's off the menu. Or maybe it's a new recipe?

"Uhh, two sakura mochis with the red bean paste filling and one plain mochi please." You smiled at the uncle grilling the white mochis.

"Oh ho, sorry dear, that's not on the menu! The sakura one that is."

"But the guy with white hair-"

"Yeah he's a special customer. The sakura, uh, he brought it himself. His sister likes this baby very much heh. She said that with this grill, the mochi tastes a lot better." He said, patting his grilling rack.

"Oh sorry to disturb then-"

You felt warm hands on your shoulders, a guy towering behind you. His faint scent made your heart beat.

"I'll have another sakura mochi, fine with you?"

"Y-Yeah, definitely. Here." The man stuttered flabbergasted, handing the guy another one of those pink delicacies.

The guy placed the mochi in your hands and smiled.

"Oh my oh my, that's Ayato!!"

"No you're kidding, you can't be serious!!"

"He doesn't even go out much, what is he doing?"

"Eeeee I'm going to go ask for his signature!!"

It finally hit you that he wasn't just any guy with pretty clothes and hair, he was Kamisato Ayato.

"Oh thank you, I'm so sorry." You bowed.

But he just gave a small smile and walked off.

You kept staring at him as he started walking from the stand to his house. You followed him, hiding in the midst of people. You knew that your curiosity killed your pride when you found him turning around, raising his eyebrows amused, looking at you.

"Um..." You looked at him with panic.

"Is there anything i can help you with...?"

"Go on a date with me?" You asked him.

There was some silence between you two as the both of you stood in silence.

"I'm so sorry, please, don't mind what I said, I don't even know why I said that." You said with a red face.

"No, let's go on a date." Ayato smiled, taking off his cloak and exposing his silvery smooth hair and pale skin.

Before you could snap out of your shock, we was already gone. You tried searching for him, but he was long gone.

You then went home feeling dazed, sitting down at the dining table. Your mind was a total mess. You kept wondering why Ayato agreed.

"Ughh... what do I do now..? He doesn't even know my name..." You groaned, slamming your head on the table.

You then took out the mochi that Ayato got you, and took a small bite. A smile started growing on your face. Your heartbeat quickened within every bite as it reminded you of him.

(MEANWHILE)

Ayato walked home thinking of you, confused with what he did. Why did he say yes? Why did he find you so intriguing?

Though the both of your encounters were quick, you remained on his mind for the rest of the night.

"My lord, here are the reports for this month you have requested earlier today." Thoma said, handing Ayato a stack of papers as Ayato continued walking in the hallway.

"My lord..?"

"Huh? Oh uh yea thank you." Ayato shook his head and took the stack of papers.

"Is something bothering you my lord?" Thoma asked Ayato.

Ayato is usually extremely calm and composed and never really spaced out. It was a shock to Thoma when Ayato just silently handed Thoma the mochis that Ayaka wanted.

"Got it, I'll give these to milady." Thoma bowed, taking his leave.

Ayato quietly entered his office and signed at the stacks of papers he had yet to finish.

As he was writing a report, he found himself doodling you on the side of an important report about a commission that was related to Liyue's government affairs. In ink. You were smiling in his doodle, eating the mochi he gifted you.

Ayato groaned and placed his head on the table. He then recalled how you quietly stared at him with those eyes he found really cute. The thought of you made the tip of his ears pink.

Although he didn't know anything about you and is super shy and introverted, he's willing to hang out with you for a day and working extra hard the next.

He then smiled and whispered, fiddling with his pen, "She's so amusing. You're making me excited to see you again, mysterious woman."