Chapter 15

"Wasn't he supposed to leave within a few days?" Bella leaned and asked Jenna in a hushed tone, while kneading the dough. 

"That's what we thought. He never stayed this long here before," she replied as she chopped the carrot. 

"When do you think he will leave?" Ara asked, curious.

There was no denying, the man was a living embodiment of power and danger. The last night's conversation that she had with him still haunted her memory. "I paint death," the words had chilled her to the bone. She was flabbergasted. What unsettled her, even more, was the creepy grin that was sitting over his lips and a dark amusement dancing in his eyes as he studied her stunned expression up close. 

She parted her lips to say something but what can you say in response to something like this? 

"I..I should leave. Good night," her feet had kicked into the motion even before she had finished the sentence. The girl stopped only when she had reached her room.

"I paint death," either the man has a poor sense of humor or something is wrong with him. Ara decided to keep her distance from him. 

"No one knows. He doesn't tell anyone anything," the slight twitch in her lips exhibited her detest for Mr. Serrano. Ara nodded thoughtfully.

"Why do you hate him?" she queried, straightforward. 

"I don't hate him. I just don't like him," Jenna shrugged her shoulders before she started chopping the vegetable with more force. 

"Is he..Is he evil?" she questioned quietly

"Evil is too nice a word to describe him," she scoffed. "He is heartless, arrogant bastard," she spitefully stabbed into the onion, perhaps, imagining it to be his eyes. 

Ara giggled at her fuming face. Nothing prompted anger in Jenna as quickly as the mere mention of Mr. Serrano. 

"You hate his guts," this time Ara stated without an ounce of doubt.

Jenna shrugged while putting the vinegar in the bowl. 

"Maybe. I have a strong aversion to those who like to play high and mighty with others." 

"But, isn't he?" Ara questioned. Jenna turned to her, not understanding what she meant

"Isn't he high and mighty?" his striking persona bespoke money, power, and dominance. Often more than not, his imposing personality had intimidated her into wanting to disappear so that he couldn't see her.    

"He is. But it doesn't give him the right to belittle those who are less fortunate than him," she debated acidly.

"That's true," Ara nodded in approval. 

"Do well to stay away from him, okay? He is the kind of person whose affection is as lethal as his hatred," Jenna remarked all of a sudden. 

"How do you know that?" Ara asked, inquisitively.

"I know one when I see one," she answered as the face of her late husband flashed in front of her eyes. She loved him but he was overly possessive for her. She still had nightmares of him and how he would stake his claim on her each night. She didn't know why but Mr. Serrano gave her the same vibes as her husband. 

Ara nodded in agreement. She had felt it in her guts last night that he is bad news. 

The sun was blazing high in the sky. Ara was out, enjoying the sun while working in the garden. She was adding the manure to the plants while humming a tune to herself. She was patting the damped mud when a honk snatched her attention. Her head snapped towards the driveway. Not a moment later, a luxurious car came into her sight, wheeling on the driveway. The sleek car halted in front of the mansion.