Chapter 34 - Fortunes and Victory

I went back to see the fortune teller and saw she was with a client, I listened in. The client was talking about her boyfriend. According to the fortune teller, the client was doomed to pain and her boyfriend doomed to jail. The woman wanted to buy another stone that was nothing but salt. I stepped in after we were caught and I got the name of the woman's boyfriend and told her I would change fate. After she left the fortune teller glared at me.

"You'll see that Fate can't be changed! And when you do, you'll come back." she said. "My holy stone will save her!"

"A fake stone saves no one." I said staring at her.

I didn't say it loud enough for anyone to hear. I stood up and left. Tomorrow, we'll go to Mementos and do some requests and training. I got a feeling something's coming up. I texted everyone that we would go to Mementos tomorrow. The next day, we went into Mementos and defeated shadows while training to get stronger. We also took down a few request targets. When we reached a safe point where we could sit, I was eating the desire petals.

"Ah Joker, what are you doing?" Makoto asked.

"Shadeon wanted desire petals, and these petals are the only safe things he can eat without possessing me longer than he should if he ate a desire or desire shard." I explained.

"Makes sense." she said.

"Can I have a few?" Yusuke asked.

"Sure." I said giving him a few petals.

Yusuke ate the few petals I gave him as I soon finished and then chewed some mint gum. We took down the target that I was intending to fight and found something new.

'Shadeon, what's this?' I asked.

"Desire fruit, it tastes like an orange to my kind." he said.

'So what would it taste like to a human?' I asked.

"You might not want to eat it, it has similar properties to desires gamble. But I will say save it, might come in handy later." Shadeon explained. "These fruits don't expire."

I put the fruit in my bag.

"Joker, what is that?" Ryuji asked.

"Shadeon says it's a Desire fruit. It has properties similar to desires gamble. I will hold onto it." I said.

We took down any other targets we needed to and found our way to another wall that wouldn't open. No way to open it, we headed back when Jose stopped us.

"Hey mister, how have you been?" he asked me smiling.

"Been better Jose." I said handing him the fused will seeds.

"Have you had to use the Desire's Gamble?" he asked me as he worked on the fused will seeds. "Or do you feel that you have to use it soon?"

"The latter." I said. "Also I found this."

I showed him the desire fruit.

"Very lucky to find one of those. My master once said that these can help when times seems troubling. Though what that means I'm not sure myself." Jose said before handing me the item made from the will seeds. "And the fruit doesn't expire so you can hold onto it for a long time."

"Good to know, I'll save it as it might be hard to find. Don't know whether or not I'll need it though." I said.

I traded stamps and flowers for things that we could use. Then we returned to the real world and that night I went back and told the fortune-teller that fate for the lady has been changed. She didn't believe it and did her fortune telling with her tarot cards. To her shock, the sequence had changed.