Chapter 23 - Beliefs, Gifts, and Trouble

The next day was our day off so we decided to have a party to welcome Yusuke to our group, that and we had to discuss how Akechi's words were affecting the public's belief in us. We decided to have hot pot and discuss our pasts with Yusuke. I told them about the man who accused me of my crime I didn't even do.

"That's the kind of asshole who needs a change of heart!" Ryuji stated.

"Where is he?! What's his name?!" Morgana asked me.

"Unfortunately...I don't remember, it was dark that night and I was in shock from what happened." I said looking down.

Morgana's ears drooped.

"Perhaps we will learn the identity of this man in due time." Yusuke said. "For now, we should focus on finding another target."

"You know, listening to you guys, I feel like I've known you forever." Ann said smiling gently. "And yes, that includes Shadeon."

My left eye glowed red and I chuckled.

"You embarrassed him." I said smiling.

"Still fascinating that your eyes change when your personas or Shadeon speak to you." Yusuke said.

"We do need to be careful about status effects that force me into rage." I said.

"What would happen?" Ryuji asked.

"That's where even Shadeon has no idea." I said.

Ann had to head home while Yusuke, Ryuji, and I went to the bath house. We were talking about our phantom thief business since the old man messing with the bathwater couldn't hear us too well. But the water sure was getting hot.

"So you like anyone dude? Is it Ann?" Ryuji asked with a grin.

"No it's not Ann, it was a different girl but she's taken." I said. 'Besides... Kasumi is being so sweet. Who do I love for sure?'

"Well what do you think of Ann?" Ryuji asked.

"She's a great teammate." I say as I'm tempted to get out of the hot water.

"That's not what I meant." Ryuji said.

"I'll be sure to tell Ann what you said." Yusuke said.

"Uh, please don't." Ryuji said panicking. "Seriously."

We all finally had to get out because the water was just way too hot now. Yusuke was staying with me at LeBlanc.

"Ren, there is something I need to ask." Yusuke said as we were about to fall asleep.

"Hmm?" I mumbled looking up. "What's up Yusuke?"

"Do you think you'll go through that pain again? The pain from borrowing Shadeon's power?" he asked.

"Probably, I mean it's why I've been training my body to handle it better." I said.

"Does it worry you?" he asked looking at me.

"....I'd be lying if I said it didn't." I said.

"Go to sleep you two." Morgana muttered stretching. "We can talk more about it later."

"Right, good night you two." I said.

"Pleasant dreams." Yusuke said.

During my sleep, I was summoned to the Velvet Room where Igor congratulated me for defeating the one stained in vanity. Seems like this has to do with the seven deadly sins. With Mr. Kamoshida it was lust and Madarame was vanity. What'll be next?