Chapter 1 - The Deal

The next morning I got up early so that I wouldn't be late for school. I was warned after all that I am already on thin ice with my criminal record after all. I got dressed in my school uniform and grabbed my school bag as I went down stairs. Sojiro had made food for me for breakfast. Curry and coffee was the food I got, no reason to complain though. At least I am getting something to eat. Though eating just curry won't really be healthy, I tried the curry and it was spicy but it tasted great.

I headed out to make it to the train on time to Shibuya station. There was a girl on the train with red hair, she had offered her seat to an old lady but some rude guy sat down very fast. So I offered to help but she said that it was okay. On the way, it started to rain so I had to stand under something and check my phone. Again that weird app was on my phone. Someone ran over but they had a hood on. A female student I think. She pulled her hood down and I saw that she was pretty. I didn't really say anything. A man drove up and offered us both a ride to school but I refused and the girl seemed upset when she had gotten in his car. As he drove off, a blonde guy ran over and sounded angry calling the guy in the car a pervy teacher.

"Pervy teacher?" I said.

The guy looked at me.

"What are you looking at? You plan on ratting me out to Kamoshida?" he asked.

"Who's Kamoshida?" I asked him.

"Are you serious? You do go to Shujin right?" he asked.

"Oh, you go to Shujin too."

"No other school has this uniform." he said looking at me. "You're a second year like me huh? Oh are you a transfer student?"

"I just arrived here two days ago." I said.

"Then no wonder you don't know him." he said. "Effen Kamoshida thinks he's king of the castle."

"Huh? What castle?"

"Uh that's not what I...Oh I'm Ryuji Sakamoto."

"I'm Ren Amamiya."

"Crap, follow me, we're gonna be late! I know a shortcut!"

We both were about to go and a sudden pulse made my head hurt. Must've been the same for Ryuji. As we were heading to school the atmosphere around us felt kinda weird. I heard Ryuji shout in surprise and ran over to see what caught him off guard. Though the gate said Shujin Academy, the building was a castle. We went inside but it was very strange.

"This doesn't seem right." I said.

"You're right about that. Where's the school?" Ryuji asked.

"Don't ask me, I know the school didn't look like this when I came yesterday." I said.

These strange things came and knocked us out before we could run, when I awoke Ryuji asked me if I was okay. I looked around and asked if he was okay as well. Somehow we both were okay. There wasn't anyway out and some guy in a speedo and cape said we were going to get executed by his guards. Ryuji called the guy Kamoshida, if this was the guy, then he sure is a strange weirdo.

The guy started hurting Ryuji and I was held down when I spoke against the guy. Two voices rang in my head. One said he would help me to save Ryuji, the other said it would give me the power to destroy the enemy hurting my friend. I took the advice of the one who would help me save Ryuji. The voice from the other growled.

"Very well then but I will stay in your mind if you ever need me." the darker voice said.

"You made the right choice." The other voice said.