Chapter 18 - Resting for a day

I was sound asleep but I could hear the others talking. I guess I was in and out of sleep which was understandable considering that just a fraction drained me.

"Is he going to be okay?" I heard Ann say. "He's gripping his arm."

"Dude, maybe it's from reflex." Ryuji said.

"Agreed, perhaps Ren suffered trauma using Shadeon's power. I'd hate to see just how much power the shade beast king has." Yusuke said.

"That's why Ren's day is packed with training. Whether it be: Mementos training, training with Ryuji, training in his room, mental training with Dr. Maruki, or training at the gym." Morgana said.

"So he's training mentally and physically to deal with Shadeon's gift of power." Yusuke said. "I did notice when he was using Shadeon's power, his mask was flipped upside down."

I mumbled incoherently about that being how I summon Shadeon.

"Did you catch any of that?" Ryuji asked.

"Nope." Ann said. "Is he talking in his sleep?"

"I don't think so." Yusuke said. "He's been in and out of consciousness for the past half hour."

"And you didn't think to tell us!?" Ryuji stated.

"Well someone had to monitor him." Yusuke said. "Beside, he makes a great art subject."

"Dude have you been sketching him as he's been sleeping?" Ryuji asked.

"Is there a problem with that?" Yusuke asked.

"No not really." Ann said.

I finally sat up slowly as Dr. Tae walked in.

"If you can move then you can go home. But go straight to bed." she said.

I parted with my friends at the station and then went to LeBlanc. I was way too tired to even hear Sojiro saying something to me. I was walking past.

"Hey, don't ignore me." he said.

"Huh?" I said looking over.

"Jeeze, why are you so exhausted?" he asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it, I just want to go to bed and collapse for the night." I said.

"Come here, I have an idea of what'll wake you up." Sojiro said.

I slumped at the dinning bar and he set down a strong smelling curry. I tried it and got a big burst of flavor, I was now wide awake but still sore.

"So how was it?" he asked with a smile.

"That's a strong flavor." I said.

I scarfed it down, I guess I was more hungry than I thought.

"I figured I'd make a curry that is capable of giving people an energy boost to start their mornings. You can have another plate tomorrow morning before school." Sojiro said. "Maybe I'll even teach you how to make it."

"That'd be great." I said as I finished up the last of it on my plate.

I went upstairs afterwards and worked on my homework. Morgana watched me.

"You look like you got your energy back. That curry will be helpful for times you use Shadeon's power like that." Morgana said.

"I think so too."

My phone jingled so I opened my messages.

Ryuji: I know you're most likely asleep dude but I was just wondering how you're feeling?