Chapter 43 - The Dream, Mission, and Morgana Leaves

While we were trying to sleep, Mishima went to the bathroom. Ryuji complained about sleeping on the floor. We were kinda worried about him being in the bathroom this long. We then started to talk about types. Ryuji was talking about what he likes about a girl. Ann got Ryuji with a trick question. Then they asked me.

"One shrouded in mystery." I said. 'Though Yoshizawa is very much shrouded in mystery.'

"Wait, are you talkin' about her...?" Ryuji asked.

Turned out Mishima drank some of the tap water. The hotel nurse saw to him and then we returned to bed. During the night, I had that nightmare again but it was clear this time. Two routes. At the end were two different figures.

One that looked insane, ready to kill all in his way. The other, calm and controlling of the power he had. These were me. They represented a far more serious issue, perhaps a test that is coming up. They both made a shush motion. Vanishing in the dark. What I saw around me, were silhouettes of my friends motionless on the ground. I gasped sitting up fast. I was visibly shaken. I had woken up Mishima.

"Ren?" Mishima said after feeling better. "Ah! Your eye!"

His yell made Ann and Ryuji stir. Ann grabbed my med kit putting a rag to my eye.

"Hold still okay Ren." Ann said.

"Dude, you okay?" Ryuji asked.

"...That dream...That's the third time it happened." I muttered.

"That's... not good man." Ryuji said.

"Yeah, I think once we get back, we discuss it with everyone." Ann said.

"Are we going to ignore the fact his eye is bleeding?" Mishima asked.

"This is normal for him. Ren's stressed beyond a point." Ann said.

Ann gave me the eyepatch. After a bit we all went back to bed, The next day was the last day of the trip before we'd have to go home. Ryuji wanted to spend time with a girl. So he suggested we go around asking for numbers. Same old desperate Ryuji. My phone buzzed and I saw a few messages. I decided to take a walk with Makoto.

After getting ready, I headed for the beach. Makoto did get very worried when she saw my eye.

"Ren did it...?"

"Yeah, we'll be having a meeting back home to discuss it later." I said.

"Okay." she said.

"You look exhausted, what happened?" I asked.

"Being a chaperone is more difficult than I expected. This is the first free moment I had." She said.

"You're doing a great job Makoto, let's spend the day relaxing." I said smiling.

"That sounds lovely." she said relaxing.

We took a walk and came up to a garlic shrimp stand. The guy was very interested in the Phantom Thieves and we ended up with two big plates of shrimp. We soon sat at a bench and watched as the sun was setting over the ocean. It was a beautiful sight. Makoto was relaxed and that made me happy. She even gave me a tiki key chain. We stayed a while longer before heading back to the hotel. Mishima was complaining about Ryuji, if I had to guess, their operation was a flop. We had to get up early tomorrow so we went to bed.

In the morning we were discussing things, Ryuji was curious on what I did yesterday, I just said I was with someone.

"Dude, for real!?" He asked. "...Actually, don't say anything. Last thing I need is your secret lover coming at me with an axe."