Chapter 9 - Change of Heart Worked

The day before the start of Golden Week, we had a sudden morning assembly. The students were gossiping as usual and the principal was starting to speak. Shiho thankfully pulled through like a champ. I could see Ann looked relieved and the principal was going to continue speaking when the door opened. We looked over and saw Kamoshida walk in. What surprised us was that he said he'd confess his crimes in front of the entire student body. The students around us muttered in shock and surprise.

"I thought of this school as my own castle, doing as I wished because I didn't care about the consequences. I physically abused my team, verbally abused students I hated, and....I sexually harassed female students." Kamoshida admitted. "I am the reason why Shiho Suzui tried to kill herself."

The students around us were in shock realizing the rumors were true that they heard about Kamoshida. I looked over seeing one of the teachers calling for the police. As he spoke again.
"I also wanted to expel students all because I didn't like them, I will of course rescind those. I tried to force Takamiki into having relations with me if her friend had a position on the team." he said

The students went from shock to anger and disgust talking lowly about what he was saying. The teacher that had made a call looked at Kamoshida.

"Mr. Kamoshida, the police will be escorting you out for what you've done."

"I understand." he said.

Another teacher was telling all students to return to their classrooms until we could be dismissed. All the students went back to their classrooms while Ann, Ryuji, and I stood close to the one gym door.

"Dude, he really did have a change of heart." Ryuji said stunned.

"Looks like it." Ann said.

"Things should settle down now." I said.

"We can discuss the medal today after school." Morgana said.

He went back in my bag as Mishima and two girls walked over. The girls apologized to Ann for the rumors they spread about her and left. Mishima looked up.

"I did terrible things to you two, I can't apologize enough for that. But I swear, I'll make it up to you." Mishima said.

After school, we met up on the school rooftop to talk about what to do with the medal. Ryuji was looking up what it was worth. Turns out the medal is worth 30,000 yen. Not bad really. We decided to let Ann decide where we'd eat.

"So Ann, how's Shiho doing?" I asked.

"She regained consciousness." Ann said happily.

"That's great to hear." Ryuji said smiling.

"I'm glad she'll be okay now." I said.

"Indeed Lady Ann." Morgana said. "All we can do now is wait for her to recover."

"Yeah, so shall we meet up on the 5th for the celebration?" Ann asked.

"Sounds good." I said smiling.

"Well then, we'll leave selling the medal to you Ren-ren." Ryuji said.

We went home and decided that the next day we would sell the medal at the Air Soft Shop. After school I did some errands and helped Sojiro with the cafe. The next morning, we were going to head out but Sojiro asked us to help him with the store today. So I was doing dishes.

"Sorry to ask you to help out of the blue." he said.

"Don't worry about it." I said.

The TV news started talking about Kamoshida's fall from grace and while they didn't show students faces, the uniforms were clearly visible. They were interviewing them about the awful things Kamoshida did to them.