Chapter 28 - Slight Loss of Control

The next day I was contacted by Makoto asking me how I was doing. I told her about how after using Shadeon's power the first time I had to spend the next day resting. She texted me saying that Kaneshiro was demanding to know if some filter was used on his phone to blur me out.

Ren: With Shade Warning, that effect won't go away till he has a change of heart.

Makoto: I see, that explains the apparent fear in his texts.

Ren: Anyway, I should get ready for school today, I have a few things to do today.

Makoto: Very well, see you at school.

I applied the makeup to cover up the marking under my eye. This was to prevent others from seeing it. On my way to school, I was going over today's to-do list.

"After school hang out with Dr. Maruki, Ryuji, Yusuke, go to Shinjuku and see that fortune teller..."

I wasn't paying attention and bumped into Yoshizawa.

"Oof!" we both said.

"Oh good morning Senpai!"

"Good morning Yoshizawa." I said smiling. "Sorry, didn't mean to bump into you like that."

"It's fine senpai, are you busy?" she asked smiling.

"I was just going over stuff I need to do today." I said. "Are you busy?"

"Yeah, I'm training for a competition." she said.

"Well then good luck with your training Kasumi." I said smiling.

"You have a good day Senpai."

We separated and I smiled. At the end of the day, I went to see Dr. Maruki and we had another thought provoking conversation. Before I left he spoke up.

"Ren, I do have to ask you something. See, I've been noticing that something has been wrong with your mental state." he said. "I hope you don't think I'm prying."

"No, you're not. But it's not something I can talk about." I said. "I know you got worried about the burns on my arm but it's not a normal burn."

"So I was right about it being burns." he said. "But what do you mean by not normal?"

"It would be hard to really talk about." I said. "But I suppose I can show you the extent."

I put out my bag down, took off my school jacket and rose up the sleeves of my shirt. Dr. Maruki froze seeing them. He took a hold of my arm examining it.

"How did this happen?" he asked.

"Again, it would be hard to explain." I said. "But I didn't do this to myself."

"So, someone caused you pain." he asked.

"Yeah, but it's fine. They do care." I said.

"Oh so they changed? That's good to hear." he said. "Still though, what they did to your arms are a crime."

Shadeon growled at him for some reason, not just a normal growl but a full on growl that turned my eye completely red shocking Dr. Maruki to the point staring caused him to faint.

'Shadeon stop it! Your power is getting out of my control!' I thought/yelled.

I texted Makoto quickly, we needed to go to the palace. Now. My plans are definitely cancelled.

"S-Sorry Dr. Markui." I said covering my eye with the eyepatch.

I left the room as he stirred.

"Ren?" he said as I left in a hurry.