Chapter 24 - Request Proof of Justice

I went up to the student council room and saw some of the members standing outside the room. They stared at me whispering to each other. I ignored them and entered the room.

"Ah, earlier than expected." Nijima-senpai said. "Have a seat."

I sat at the table and stared at her.

"What do you want Nijima? It's bad enough you have been following me around, now what do you want?" I said straight-faced.

"I'll get straight to the point, I think that you and your friends are the Phantom Thieves."

I froze, had she heard the conversation we had the other day where Ann was doubting our reasons for doing what we did. I looked at her.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

She pulled out her phone as she spoke.

"I believe you that you three are the Phantom Thieves." she said.

"What proof do you have?" I asked.

"I'm glad you asked." she said. "Have a listen."

She pressed play on her phone setting it down. The conversation was indeed the one we had after Akechi's little speech on TV.

"So, got anything to say?" Nijima-senpai asked with a serious face. "How does one force someone to confess their crimes?"

"We screwed up!" Morgana whisper-shouted.

"....." I was silent.

"You can tell me, we can keep it in this room if you tell me. Or would you rather I show this to the police and the school?" she said.

"Give me time to think about it." I muttered.

"I believe that time would just be wasted." she said as my phone started to ring.

I took it out and froze seeing it was Ryuji's number.

'Oh no, why now?' I thought before Nijima spoke.

"Go ahead."

I answered the phone.

"Hey man where are you at? Are you taking a leak? Let's meet at our usual spot to hold our phantom thieves meeting!" Ryuji said loudly.

"..." I said nothing but hung up my phone.

"What a moron!" Shadeon said. causing my eye to glow red.

"That idiot!" Morgana whisper-shouted again.

Oh boy, he's ranting in my head. So is a few of my other personas which resulted in my right eye glowing yellow.

"As loud as always, but his timing is perfect." she said smiling. "Ah, your eyes!"

"Forget about it, it's not important to you right now." I said.

"Ah...Yes, very well. Take me to your friends, I'd like them to hear this as well." she said.

"Well I don't have much of a choice now. Come on." I said getting up.

Nijima followed me to the hide-out, as soon as they saw her my friends weren't happy. I spoke up after they listened to the recording.

"You were way too loud again Ryuji." I said.

"Dude!" Ryuji said. "So was Ann."

"Bet the school put you up to this huh Nijima-senpai? It can't have ties to criminals yet it turned a blind eye to suicide and sexual harassment." Ann said glaring at her.