Chapter 7 - Waiting for Results

That night as Morgana and I got home we were both tired. My phone beeped so I took it out, it was a message from Ann and Ryuji. We all were tuckered out and Morgana bragged about how skilled he was to transform back to a cat as we were leaving the palace.

Ryuji: Oh one more thing dude.

Ren: What is it?

Ryuji: Did you realize your eyes were different colors when we left the palace?

Ann: I noticed that too.

I looked at Morgana and whispered.

"Are they still different?" I asked.

"Yeah, you may want to avoid having them seen by Boss." Morgana said.

A lot of people call Sojiro 'Boss' so that's what Morgana calls him. But seriously this is not good. I kept my eyes on the phone screen but thankfully, Sojiro was busy with a customer. I got upstairs and flopped onto my bed. My phone beeped so I took my phone out to see who was messaging me. Nope, just a news notification. I yawned and eventually dozed off.

The next day at school, Ryuji and I were hanging out in the hallway drinking some water. Ryuji was obviously wearing his leg wrap today, I mean we did run really hard to get out of the palace.

"Hey man, have you seen Kamoshida today?" Ryuji asked.

"Nope, I've been hearing his fan club gossiping about how he's not here." I said.

"Weird." Ryuji said.

"Oh perfect timing."

We looked up to see Ms. Kawakami walk over to us.

"Study hall will be held instead of PE today. There's been a rumor that Mr. Kamoshida has placed himself under suspension." Ms. Kawakami said.

"Huh?!" I said.

"Wait! A suspension?!" Ryuji yelled.

"Sakamoto-kun, hush!" Ms. Kawakami said in a harsh whisper. "The talks about your expulsions are on hold too. Until we know more that is. Principal Kabiyokawa went to talk to him but he wasn't making any sense."

Ryuji and I were very surprised about that.

"Well, I relayed what's going on to you two, so stay out of trouble." she said walking away.

Ryuji and I stared at each other after collecting our thought.

"You think it could be the change of heart?" Ryuji asked quietly.

"Maybe, but we won't know till May 2nd." I said quietly.

"True, guess all we can do now is wait. Wanna hang out after school? We can do more training?" he said smiling.

"I'd love to man, but you should relax your leg for today." I said.

"Eh, true, mom will get worried if I put too much strain on it. Oh crap, I nearly forgot that I gotta get groceries later!" he said.

"Well don't let forgetfulness get the better of you man." I said with a chuckle.

"Right, see ya later Ren." he said.

We went back to class after breaktime ended. The kids in my class were talking about the fact that I was going to get expelled. Though some were curious about where Kamoshida was. After school, I got a text from Ryuji and Ann discussing that we'd have to wait for a while to discuss the medal, I said that was fine as I had things to do today as well. After that, I checked my phone and saw there was a message from Dr. Tae. Guess today I'll go visit and do a clinical trial.