Chapter 20 - The Battle and a Shock

We began the battle against Shadow Madarame, and I saw a pattern to the fight. We can use Physical Attacks against the two eyes and the nose but not against the mouth. Magic Attacks have to be used against the mouth.

I told this to the others and they nodded as we began our strategic attack. Shadow Madarame used a skill that covered Ryuji in black paint. He also lowered Ryuji's defense, before going to attack him. I reacted, I used Shadeon's power to make my arm change and I slammed the mouth painting to the ground with a growl.

"Joker!?" Ann shouted.

"He didn't flip his mask upside down?" Morgana said in confusion.

The paintings all refused and revealed Madarame, so we did an all out attack and he decided to just have copies of himself attack us. The energy from my arm, I was able to retract it without feeling drained. I'll question how later as we had to fight the copies. Soon Madarame had made an error and one clone was asleep.

"What! I, the great Madarame, have made an error?!" he said in disbelief.

"Guys, attack the clones that aren't asleep and then we can focus our attacks on Madarame!" I said smiling to my team.

"You got it Joker!" Morgana shouted.

"Time for payback!" Ryuji said.

"Even over time, copies show their imperfections. This battle shall go in our favor." Yusuke said.

"Let's finish this!" Ann said.

We commenced with our attacks and once all new copies were asleep, we focused on Shadow Madarame himself. We took him down and took the treasure.

"No! Please don't kill me!" he yelled now sounding so pathetic.

"Atone for the crimes you committed against your students and the art world." Yusuke said.

"You aren't going to kill me?"

"Swear It!" Yusuke yelled.

"Alright! Alright! I swear I will!" Shadow Madarame yelled in fear. " What about the other one though? The one in the black mask?"

"Black mask?" Ann said. "Wait what is he talking about?"

"It can't be! There was another intruder besides us within the palace?!" Mona asked in disbelief.

My red eye started to glow.

"Ren, be cautious. I smell a power that can cause hearts to become psychotic. Whoever it is, they are very dangerous." Shadeon said with a very serious tone.

'Right, we'll all be cautious.' I thought.

I looked up as Yusuke removed his mother's self portrait from the frame. The frame itself dissipated away like petals. Unlike desire petals in Mementos, these were more like shards because of their shape.

"We need to get out of here." Mona said.

Yusuke was walking over to join us and Shadow Madarame spoke up.

"Yusuke, what should I do?" he asked him.

"Stop using the work of others and use your own artwork for once." Yusuke responded before slightly rushing over to us.

We got out of there and Yusuke was looking at the painting. We checked the Meta-nav.

"The destination has become locked."

"What does that mean that it becomes locked?" Yusuke asked.

"When we shatter the distortion around the treasure, the cognitive world changes to a prison for the one who made others suffer." Morgana said. "It's where they are to suffer the consequences of their actions against to those they wronged."