Chapter 1

*Marissa's PoV*

I stepped into the hallway of my new school. Here goes nothing. I'm the new girl. I walked over to my new locker and started putting my stuff into it. I hung a mini whiteboard on the side and grabbed my schedule from my backpack and jotted it down on my whiteboard. I shut my locker and started walking to my first class all nervous. I stopped in the middle of the hallway when I noticed a sign up sheet for something on the wall. I walked over to it and looked at it.

It was a Glee Club sign up sheet. I'm into singing so I decided to sign up. The sheet said that the auditions were in the auditorium during lunch. Cool. I'll go audition.

•Lunch•

"Hey, I'm Marissa Garcia and I'll be singing Umbrella by Rihanna," I told the Glee Club teacher who's name is apparently Will Schuester.

"Okay, start."

So I sang the song. In my opinion I am doing really good.

"You had my heart, and we'll never be worlds apart. Maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star." When the song was over, everyone had their mouths open.

"That was amazing. Welcome to the Glee Club!" Mr. Schue told me.

"Thanks!" I said.

"We meet every day in 6th hour. Okay?" he said.

"Yeah, okay. Do we meet today?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

The bell rang for the end of lunch. I jumped off stage to head to 4th hour, when a girl came up to me.

"Hello. Marissa right?"

"Yeah."

"Hi, I'm Rachel Berry, the main singer of glee club. I just wanted to let you know you did great. And I hate to admit it you were better than me. I was also hoping we could be great friends." I didn't say anything, I just smiled. "That's all." She walked away and I headed out the door but Mr. Schue stopped me. "Hey, Marissa. Have a song you wrote ready. We're performing them today and we're gonna pick which one to perform in front of the whole school."

"Okay. I have just the song," I said smiling.

"Good. See you then," he said as I walked away. Now to my first day of science class at my new school.