Chapter 11

The next day Mr. Schu wasn't here. It was a substitute. Everyone seemed to recognize her because they were really happy that she was here. "Ms. Holliday, what are we working on today?" Rachel asked.

"Well Rachel, I was going to let everyone that wanted to perform a number," the sub replied.

Everyone cheered. I walked over to Rachel. "Enjoy the day while you can. It'll probably be the last solo you'll get for a while," I whispered to her. She flipped me off. I walked over to Quinn and gave her a high five. Then I sat down beside her, Sam on the other side of me. I rested my head on his lap.

"Okay. Anyone want to go first?"

"I will," Rachel said.

"Alright."

Rachel stood up and walked to the front of the room. The music started. She started singing a diva song I didn't recognize. After Rachel, Santana performed, then Brittany, then Mercedes.

"Of course I'm gonna go now," I said after Mercedes was finished singing.

"You're up," Ms. Holliday said.

I stood and walked to the piano and put my hands on it. I sang the first verse while I was just standing at the piano but I sang the chorus while I was walking around. "Who's got your money now. Who's got your money now. Who's got your money now. Me, me. Who's got your money now. Who's got your money now. Who's got your money now. Me, me. Look at me here I go. Spending all of your dough. Who's got your money money. Money. Who's got your money money. Money," I sang.

When I finished the song I sat back down. I intertwined Sam's fingers with mine but he let go. I figured it's just because he's gonna sing a song now. He stood up and said "this song tells how I feel about a certain someone but I just can't put it into words. So I decided to sing it instead." I was happy at first until I heard the song he picked, Without You by Hinder. "'Cause something's changed. You've been acting so strange. And it's taking it's toll on me. It's safe to say that I'm ready to let you leave," he sang.

After he finished the song he sat down next to Finn. I was left confused. What just happened? Did Sam just break up with me?