Chapter 6

The solos started with me. I'm singing Price Tag by Jessie J.

"Seems like everybody's got a price. I wonder how they sleep at night. When the sale comes first and the truth comes second. Just stop for a minute and smile," I sang. As I hit the chorus everyone except Rachel was dancing in their seats. "Its not about the money, money, money. We don't need your money, money, money. We just want to make the world dance. Forget about the price tag."

After a couple minutes I finished the song and sat down, satisfied with how I sang my solo. Then Rachel stood up. "Now let me show you all how it's really done," she said. Everyone rolled their eyes. "Hit it!" she told the drummers.

"All eyes on me when I walk in. No question that this girl's a ten. Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful," she sang. This is the wrong song for her. When she finished the song, Sam stood up. "Mr. Schu, I'm gonna need someone to back me up on the rapping for my song."

"No problem."

Sam started singing written in the stars by tinie tempah. "Oh written in the stars. A million miles away. A message to the main ooooh. Seasons come and go. But I will never change. And I'm on my way." When he finished the song he sat down next to me and intertwined his fingers with mine.

Everybody else sang their songs and then we voted for the beat performance. I won again. "Good job everyone," Mr. Schu said. "Tomorrow we're practicing for nationals." Oh, wonderful.