Chapter 8

I'm upset that we lost. Everybody is. Right now Sam and I are walking down the hall together holding hands. I love this school. I've been here for a month and I'm dating one of the hottest guys in school and my best friends are Quinn and her boyfriend Finn who is also one of the hottest guys in school.

Rachel walked by us and bumped into me on purpose. "Okay Rachel, what is your problem? You're sort of a witch," I said. (Only instead of a W it was a B)

"Excuse me," she said in a snobby voice.

"I just don't get what you're problem is. You've been up in my grill ever since I've been here and I'm sick of it."

"Well if you didn't try to steal my stardom we wouldn't have this problem, would we?"

"I'm not stealing anything, people just like me better."

"Oh yeah? Then let's see about that. Let's have a star war. Whoever wins gets to be the new main star."

"Okay. When? Today?"

"If you're ready."

"Oh, I'm so ready."

"Okay, then let's do it today in class."

"Alright."

"Prepare to lose."

"Why you talking to yourself?"

She walked away mad. I think I won that fight.

"Wow, I didn't know you could be bad," Sam said to me.

"I was born bad," I said. We walked into the classroom. Rachel was telling Mr. Schu about our war today. He said she could go first.

She stood by the piano while everyone was sitting down. The music started for E.T. by Katy Perry and she started singing.

"Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me. Infect me with your love and fill me with your poison. Take me, ta-ta-take me. Wanna be a victim. Ready for abduction. Boy, you're an alien. Your touch so foreign. It's supernatural. Extraterrestrial," she sang. She kept singing and then when she finished she walked by me to sit down. I yawned. "Try and beat that," she whispered to me.

Okay, I will. I stood up and started singing. "You've got every right to a beautiful life. C'mon! Who says. Who says you're not perfect. Who says you're not worth it. Who says you're the only one that's hurting. Trust me. That's the price of beauty. Who says you're not pretty. Who says you're not beautiful. Who says," I sang. Then I finished and sat down next to Sam. He gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Alright. Let's vote!" Mr. Schu said. Everyone voted. Then he said "the winner is..."