Chapter 3

"Alright. We're working on duets. Find a partner." Everyone scattered to find a partner. A girl walked up to me.

"Just ignore Rachel. No one likes her. Well except Kurt, Blaine, and Mercedes," she told me.

"Who are they," I asked. She pointed to a black haired diva looking girl.

"That's Mercedes," she said. "Kurt and Blaine go to Dalton Academy. Kurt used to go here though but he had to transfer."

"Why," I asked.

"He got bullied because he's gay. I'm Quinn," she told me.

"I'm Marissa."

"I know." There was an awkward pause. "I better get going. My boyfriend Finn is waiting for me to pick a song for our duet," she said, pointing to a really hot guy.

"Okay," I said and she walked away.

A guy with blond hair that's even hotter than Finn walked over to me. "Hey, I'm Sam. You did amazing," he told me.

"I try," I said. "Anyways, who else should I stay away from besides Rachel?"

"Rachel's actually not as bad as Santana. I don't even know why I went out with her. I regret dumping Quinn for her. Quinn was amazing. But now she's dating Finn. My backstabbing old best friend."

"Quinn does seem nice."

"She is. I miss her. Brittany is Santana's best friend, Artie is the one in the wheelchair. He's Brittany's boyfriend. Puck is the one with the mohawk, and his girlfriend is Lauren. There you have it. You know everyone."

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem. I know what it's like being new. I was a little while ago." There was a pause. "Since everyone else already has their partner, want to be mine?" he asked. My heart leaped. I was hoping he'd ask that.

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Okay, cool. Let's get started."