Chapter 7

We're at nationals now. The Dalton Academy Warblers is the first to perform. They sang she will be loved by Maroon 5. Next was our turn. We got backstage and I was nervous cuz this was my first performance.

Sam came over to me and put his arms around my neck. "Hey," he said.

I faced him and he let go of me. "Are you nervous?" I asked.

"No, I've been on this stage a lot. For regionals and such."

"Its my first time."

He kissed me. Then I took a deep breath before walking on stage. Sam and I were picked for singing a duet.

"It feels like we've been out at sea. So back and forth that's how it seems. And when you want to talk you say to me. That if it's meant to be, it will be," I sang. I took another deep breath and kept singing.

As I was about to sing the chorus, Sam walked up on stage and sang the chorus with me. "I'm overboard and I need your love. Pull me up. I can't swim on my own," we sang.

When we finished the song the crowd stood up and clapped and cheered. Then everyone else got on stage with us and began singing our last song.

"Drinking champagne, going insane. Falling on me. Like its her birthday," we all sang.

Next Vocal Adrenaline performed. They are really good.

After they performed it was time to announce who won. Everyone on my team was closing their eyes and holding hands but Quinn was holding Finn's hand and I was holding Sam's hand. Quinn and I looked at each other and smiled.

"The winner is... Vocal Adrenaline!" the announcer said. Everyone on our team opened their eyes and unlinked hands. We all had sad expressions on our faces as we saw vocal adrenaline cheer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry that it's short. I'll try to make next one longer.