Chapter 1 - Camping Trip

Izuku Midoriya was an ordinary boy. He is now four and no quirk appears for him like it did with all of his friends. On this summer day, the Bakugo family and the Midoriya family get on a camping trip for the weekend before school starts for both of their childs.

"Hey Izuku, look at this!" Bakugo yelled running to him with excitement. He got close to Midoriya and lend his palms upward with his hands open. After a few seconds, little sparks start to appear on his hands causing mini explosions. It like mini fireworks.

"It is so cool, Kacchan!" Izuku said with admiration in his eyes.

"I know, right! I can't wait to see what your quirk will be. We will be the best superhero team, together!" Bakugo affirmed with a bright smile. However, Izuku felt it on another way. The fact that he was already 4 and that his quirk not manifested starts to stress the young boy.

"I can't wait to see it too, Kacchan..." The green haired boy starts. "Hey Kacchan, can you promise me something?" the shy boy asked.

"What's up?" the explosive boy asked confused.

"Can you promise me that we will stay friends even if I was quirkless?" he asked looking at the ground with tears forming in his eyes. The explosive boy put both of his hands on Izuku's shoulders with a grin.

"If that ever happen, I'll stay with you and protect you. I know you want to be a hero as much as me. But man, never forget that you don't need a quirk to be a hero." The green boy looked back up to see a smiling Bakugo. With a simple advice, Bakugo erase all the doubt that Izuku starts to build on his mind. The green haired boy smiles back and thanked his best friend with a small hug. The two boys spent the afternoon swimming in a none-far lake until night was up. The families start to make a small fire camp that Bakugo's father lit with his quirk. They all grilled sausage and marshmallow in the fire camp while discussing and singing song from time to time. After a moment, the two children had to go to the toilet. They both rise and get to the wood with a simple electric lamp. While they were surrounded by darkness in the huge and dense forest, the lamp stops working due to the battery.

"What are we gonna do, Kacchan?" The two kids were surrounded by darkness. It was so dark that the only difference between the open and the close eyes was the moon crescent. Unfortunately for them, on this night, the moonlight was not enough for the young boys to find a way to move.

"Don't worry, Izuku! We can use my quirk to light the way up." As he say this, he make some mini explosions. The kids were now able to see each other but not the path. At least, with this little light, they could comfort in the fact that they were not alone.

"It's cool, Kacchan but we cannot find our way back to the camp." The green messed hair said. He started to panic a bit. After 30 seconds of fade light from the explosions, the explosion stops and Bakugo grunt in pain.

"Okay, Izuku... Now we can panick..." the explosive boy said.

"Why so Kacchan? The moonlight is now enough to see in front of us." Izuku stated confused.

"What do you mean? It is still pitchblack as it was earlier." The blonde kid said even more confused.

"Well I'm seeing well enough to walk up. If you don't give me your hand." Bakugo lend his hand in front of him but didn't know where Izuku was. Izuku takes Bakugo's hand and put it on his shoulder.

"Keep your hand there. I'll tell you if the field is weird, so you don't trip." Izuku said with a comforting voice.

"Okay, Izuku. I trust you. HEY! Maybe it's your quirk! What do you see right now?" The explosive boy asked excited.

"Well, I see a bit like in this old movie Sin city... I see the sides of the object with white ends, but the rest is still black for me." He explains a bit thoughtful. "I see the rest room right there over the alley. Let's get there quick! I need to pee." Izuku said with urge in his voice. Izuku starts running in the direction of small building big enough to have 4 toilet cabins and 2 sink lit by a single neon. When they got out of their cabin, Bakugo looked at Izuku's eyes.

"Hey Izuku... Does your pupils always looked as a snake's one?" Kacchan asked.

"What do you mean, Kacchan?" Izuku looked over a mirror above one of the sink and saw that his pupils were no more round but only a straight line just like snake's one. Izuku step back with surprise and fell on the bathroom floor.

"Kacchan! I have a quirk!" Izuku yelled in excitement. "I have to show it to my parents! Come with me, quick!" Izuku took Bakugo's hand and run in the forest in the direction of their camp. It only took them 5 minutes to get there. The 2 boys get to the camp with their parents still around the fire, panting heavily after their run.

"Mom! Dad! I have a quirk!" Izuku managed to yell between the pant.

"I'm so happy for you, honey! What is it?" Inko asked intrigued and smiling.

"I don't know if it is the only thing, but I can see in the dark." The two friends explained what happened during their walk.

"It's good, my boy! When we get back home, I'll get a meeting with a quirk doctor. He will be able to see what your quirk is in details." Izuku nods frenetically to show his happiness.

A/N: Hey everyone, I told in my other story that I wrote a lot during my long absence. I also starts writting this story as well. I planned that i will post episode of each story successively (One witcher, one izuocha,etc.) Hope you enjoy this story as much as the Izuocha one :)   
Have a nice time