Chapter 22 - Mirko vs Mirio

Mirko woke up as usual at 5 in the morning. She did her morning routine but seems still asleep in her motion. It was like she was a somnanbulist. She decided to wake up completely with a little jog. That was her habit. Usually when she came late to class is because when she runs, she lost track of time. And it happen often. Like... VERY often. She start to check the time when she starts to get exhausted but since she has a quirk that increase her stamina, she can run for a long period of time. And she runs fast. Once, in her middle school year, she ran from musutafu to the village of Fuji (about 50 km) before she noticed that she had to go to school. During her run, she noticed a blonde guy with blue wide eyes. He was wearing the gym uniform from UA. He seem a bit older than her. Maybe a senior year. He was completely ripped. He also had multiple scars on his forearm. Not like Deku. More like he recieved whipslash or press his forearms on barbed wire. He was running in the same direction as her.

"Hey! Want to do a little race to the school?" He ask with challenge. Mirko didn't know what to answer. He was asking with such a nice mood and she didn't want to seem rude to him. Her competitive spirit kicks in and she accepted the challenge.

"Only if you can keep up, that is." She said with a huge confident and challenging smirk. They put themselves running side by side never stopping.

"Three.... Two.... One ... Go!" Mirio shouts. As soon as she heard the starting signal, Miruko dash faster than Lida. She was running so fast that everything she saw around her start to distort. She was smirking, certain that this blonde guy was slower than her. She started to panic a bit when she looked beside her seeing two wide blue eyes and a slight smirk. He was right beside her in his hero suit. He looked back in front of him and falls through the ground and dissapear. Mirko stopped in surprise and looks wherever he could be. He reappears several seconds later out of the ground very far from her. She dashed back as fast as she could but that didn't change the fact that she lost the race. She gets at the front door of the main building seeing him not breaking a sweat with his back leaning on the porch. He was in his hero suit: A white one-piece with yellow suture and the number 1 000 000 wrote in green with a large red cape he also had red booths and red gloves.

"Took you long enough. But don't worry. You still have plenty of time to upgrade. You're in first year, right. I heard what happened to your class. It seems hard , what you've been through. You were not lucky that this happened to you in your first few weeks. In senior year, at least, you'd have some experience. That was hard. Anyway I have to go. I have a meeting with All Might. Apparently I have to fight with someone in junior year. Bye anyway." He said, mumbling loudly and fast enough so Mirko couldn't reply to anything.

"Who was this guy? He was so fast. He said he had to meet All Might to fight a junior. Of course it's me.... How am I gonna defeat him? He's definitely faster than me." She started to doubt her chance of winning againt that guy. For a good reason though. Mirio was consider, by many including Eraserhead, the closest to be the next number one pro hero. Mirko change into her hero suit and meet All Might, Izuku and Mirio. The two competitors met in the center of the arena with All Might between them.

"You both knows for what you're fighting for. The fight will end when one of you will be knocked out. I wish you luck." All Might said before backing out. Deku get in the place of All Might.

"I will throw this rock in the air. When it touch the ground, the fight will begin." He explains with no doubt. Izuku activates the Quen sign on both arms to not get hurt in the blows. He throw the rock in the air. At the moment it touches the ground Mirko back out and start running around Mirio at blinding speed. Unlucky for her, Mirio was able to see her even at her peak speed. Mirko smiled anyway and decided to rush down on Mirio preparing a big punch on him. Mirio was ready and protect himself. Mirko stopped a meter away from her opponent in emergency sending sand toward him. He blocked anyway and Mirko run around him to get right behind him. Mirio makes himself untouchable on all his body excepts his feet to stay on solid ground. Mirko noticed it and sweep his feet off the ground. Mirio fell through the ground evading the next strike. Mirko stay on place and readied herself for his propulsion of the ground. Mirio get up right under her with his fist in the air to give her a massive uppercut. Mirko tried to block but Mirio makes himself untouchable except his fist when he got through her defense. Mirko fly back with the hit but caught herself up rushing to Mirio who was still in his propulsion from the ground. She aims for his legs to not give him a proper stepping surface. Mirio catch himself with his hands and take advantage of this to give a through kick to Mirko. Mirko tanked it and took his leg to throw him in the air again putting her kid's training experience out. Mirio had no choice but to fall on the ground due to the lack of air from the beginning of the fight. He tried to breath back but Mirko was giving him a hammer kick that put him out. Unnable to breathes, Mirio faint out putting Mirko as the winner. All Might gets to Mirio to see him out cold. Mirio had fainted and start to breath back as soon as he got hit. Izuku gives Mirko a big hug and say in a happy tone.

"You won, babe!" She hugged back and say "You had a doubt?" with a cocky attitude. Deku shrugged it off with a kiss. All Might gets in front of them.

"Young Mirko, I have the honor to give you my quirk." He said picking a hair from his head. He hangs it to Mirko with a smile and say "Now eat that." with a straight face. Izuku explode in laugh seeing the astonished look on his girlfriend's face.

"You knew it, didn't you? You just waited this! Admit it." She said a bit angry at her boyfriend.

"All Might told me during the fight. I admit, I was curious to see your face when he would told you that" He said unnable to stop laughing. She punched the green haired boy with a pout. She took the hair and look at it in disgust.

" I can't believe that I have to do this to be stronger" She said with a disgust look on her face. She put it in her mouth and start to choke on it.

"It's disgusting.... You could at least use a fruit flavored shampoo, All Might" She said grimacing. All Might shrugg it off.

"I have the honor to declare you the ninth older of One for All. Be worthy of my power."

"Thank you, All Might. I'll do my best she said trying to forget the awful taste.