Chapter 9 - Why me?

Deku and Miruko walked together towards their respective home. Miruko was clearly off and Midoriya noticed it and decided to confront her.

"Hey, is something wrong? You seem off since we left All Might's office." Izuku asked concerned. Miruko stopped immediately without saying a word. Izuku stopped as well some steps in front of her.

"Why me? Why did you recommend me to All Might? You met the class and see everyone. Bakugou is your best friend and yet you recommend me. Why is that?" she asked with tears rolling down her face. Izuku walked in front of her, cups her head with his hand wipes her tears with his thumb.

"You are the most obvious choice in my mind. In our class, I saw no one with your potential. Everyone as a powerful quirk except Mineta, but Mineta is a scum. I looked at our class and saw only two persons beside you. First was Kirishima. Kirishima is kind and caring but he seems a bit dizzy and unfocused. With the task to bring down AFO, his low focus could be a problem and cause him to die in the most important moment. So, I erased him. The second one was Bakugou. With his power, OFA could be a major card for him but his impulsive personality and disrespect for everyone under him would make of him a terrible symbol of peace. Plus, if I got controlled by a villain and turn against heroes, Bakugou would not want to fight me even for the greater good. So it leaves you with an obvious choice." Deku explained. Miruko looked at the ground and start crying again but more.

"So you recommend me because, you too, think that my quirk is useless?" she asked crying. Deku wipes her tears once more. He pick her chin and rose it so she could look at him in the eyes.

"I recommended you because I think you are the perfect person for this quirk. Like I said to you before, I think that your quirk is amazing. I was serious when I told you that with martial you could be in top 100. All you would miss is damage. You sure are strong but not enough to knock someone with your fists. OFA can give you this opportunity and you wouldn't be in top 100 but in top 5. If you defeat me, you could even be top 1." He said laughing at the last statement. Rumi looked at him in the eyes. She blushed a bit before giving him a hug.

"I thought you were like my ancient classmate. They thought I was useless. It's you who cheers me up. For a moment, I thought you had lied to me and gave me fake hope." Izuku hugged her back.

"I have never lied to you and I don't want to. If I recommend you, it's also to help you achieve your dream." Izuku said closing his eyes and hugging tighter.

"That sounded like a confession." She said laughing.

"Tha- That was not it. I- I just wanted to comfort you because I don't like to see you sad." Izuku stuttered completely flustered.

"Sounds even more like a confession." She said giggling.

"Well, it was not." Izuku said pouting.

"Calm down. I was just messing with you." She said still laughing. They continue walking and separate on their own path after finally exchanging their phone number.