An Unlikely Mentor

Summary:

Izuku is forced to train under the guise of one of U.A's top teachers and one of the top underground pros. Though, his relationship with the man had never been strong, it will grow and change from one of indifference to one of respect and trust. Shouta on the other hand just wants what is best for his nephew.

<--->

A few days had passed since the end of the sports festival. Hado, hadn't managed to win the festival due to her own unfortunate injuries and lack of energy. She had, however, managed to make it to the finals. Facing off one of the other 2-A class members.

Afterwards, things went back to normal. Izuku was training the same as he always did. But there was an air of calmness around Yuuei. Like things had finally settled back to where they were before the Sports Festival.

Izuku had been recognized a few times outside of the Sports Festival, mainly by those he ran into while he was out shopping or on the commuter train from his and Nedzu's apartment in the inner city. Yuuei was originally settled into the outskirts of Musutafu but had been swallowed by the city over time.

People had given the boy praise, congratulating him on his placing in the Sports Festival. While others seemed to ask about the suit he'd worn. There'd unfortunately been a debate about the ethics of the suit, most saying that it wasn't fair compared to the other opponents. But Nedzu and the teachers of U.A had defended their actions stating that Izuku was a Support Course student and had full right to use the equipment during the festival.

The media had for the most part, understood the thought process behind the decision reached by Yuuei and let it slide. Some still question the legitimacy but had for the most part been swept under the rug.

Izuku sighed as he walked into the lab of the Support Course. Power Loader as of course was at the front getting ready for another class. While most of the Support Course milled about, unable to stop themselves from talking to one another.

A lot of the class was still caught up on the festival, always talking about how they could improve, or how they might be able to intern under a hero or support item developer. All of the course seemed caught up in the idea of being able to learn from someone other than Power Loader.

Of course, Izuku thought much the same as his classmates but understood that due to his quirklessness he'd likely not be scouted by an agency. Sure, he'd performed well in a controlled environment, but could he hold up to real combat? No agency wanted to be the first to have someone who was considered quirkless especially when it'd never been done before.

He would have been the first, the first person to ever be even considered to become a hero as a quirkless individual... But Izuku figured whoever he interned for, if he interned. Would likely need to know that he wasn't quirkless or useless.

Izuku let go another hardened huff of air as he set down his bright yellow bookbag at his workstation. He'd become somewhat close with a few Support Course members, but he still felt he didn't belong.

Sure, he was a Support Course student and could make amazing gear.

But the gear was often for himself rather than others. A lot of the Support Course made equipment for themselves as well. Though of course that was the current situation they were in; with no Hero Course students. However, even when they would return to 'normal'. Izuku felt he couldn't make gear for anyone but himself. Sone though, the greenette was snapped out of his thought process by his sensei.

"Alright, listen up everyone. Concerning the pro draft picks, I mentioned the other day. It's based on who the pros think will be ready to join the workforce within the next few years. Now this is often reserved for Hero Course students. However, some of you managed to peak the eyes of a few pro heroes. This is considered an investment in your future, and they agency's reserve the right to cut ties at any time. Now, as stated earlier some of you gained the interest of some heroes." Power Loader looked over the few students in front of him and offered a small smile to them. Izuku seemed to be overly nervous, and Mr. Maijima couldn't blame the boy.