From the Ash's Comes a New

Summary:

"You ain't got no spunk, and you certainly ain't got no skill but we'll make a hero out of you yet."

Beginning Notes: 

This chapter is incredibly short, and I do apologies for that... But I love it for some unknown reason and it's fine just the way it is.

I didn't get to write a chapter this week, though I was on fall break I spent most of it playing video games and working on homework. I know not the best way to spend it but I was a bit burned out so yea.

Alright, hopefully I can remember to check grammar on these chapters at some point, if I've missed anything, give me like a few weeks to put the "was checked on (date)" before saying something wrong. Anyway, thank you all for reading, I appreciate the support!

<--->

"Hello?" Izuku called out as he walked into the small office building that was located on a corner street. It wasn't anything to look at, a small receptionist desk at the front. Along with couches, chairs, and anything else one might think of.

On the wall, a sign hung pointing towards the in-house gym, bathrooms, and small office space. Izuku wasn't surprised to be honest. Miruko was an up-and-coming hero who preferred to work alone.

She didn't have interns or hero's studying under her. Nor did she have anyone working for her together than maybe an HR type person who dealt more with her public appearance than anything. So, finding that the hero had, what one could only consider a small agency wasn't all that surprising.

What was surprising was the yell he received when he walked in. Izuku had become a lot more accepting of noise and the yelling from heroes. But this seemed somewhat excessive in his mind. Miruko was known for being loud, everyone knew the bunny girl could be quite brash, but this was more than the intern was hoping for.

"Who in the hell let you in here kid? I don't need any interns, nor hero students so if you're one of them, get the hell out of here." Izuku looked up at the tall rabbit hero, his mind wondering for a moment as to what to say to her. But with a small sigh, he spoke only slightly high pitched.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya... The U.A. Heroics student you requested." Miruko looked the boy over, up, and down making sure this scrawny bean pole of a kid was who she'd requested. "You're the Support student from the Sports Festival?" She asked, rather annoyed sounding.

"Ye-yes Ma'am, I interned under Eraser Head and came joint third in the Sports Festival." Izuku spoke, his voice faltering as he informed the pro hero. She nodded and continued to look the boy over. "So, Eraser Head trained you?"

"Yes Ma'am- I continue to intern under Eraser Head and Principal Nedzu." Miruko nodded slightly, her face growing less hostile as she finally stopped looking the student over and turned to head back into the gym.

"Come on, we haven't got all day, Green Bean!" She loudly yelled as she walked off, her hand waving as if for Izuku to follow her into the gym area.

Izuku as of course did as he presumed, was instructed. Following the rabbit hero into the small gym that housed a variety of different equipment and a small boxing ring that she likely used as a warmup and/or decompress area.

"Alright, you ain't got no experience, or skill, do you?" She asked, looking the boy over, trying to think up strategies for the boy that stood in front of her. Don't get Miruko wrong, she could see the muscle the boy had.

But it wasn't enough

"No-I-I don't have much experience, just the few hours I've put in under Eraser Head and the training we've done." Miruko nodded, though the boy didn't have much experience. She knew Eraser Head was well revered by many to be one of the best underground heroes.

"Alright then, tomorrow we'll start our patrols. But for now, show me what you've got kid." Izuku nodded, setting down the case he'd brought with him from U.A. His suit was packed inside though it would serve little use at the moment.

Miruko didn't give the boy much time after that, leading with a hard right kick right as he'd began to turn around. The day would continue on with Izuku being put through the wringer. The rabbit hero wouldn't give the boy much rest, testing him to see his breaking point.

And to be fair on Miruko's part, she'd seen great qualities in the boy. He'd do well as a hero in time, he was rough, but it could be improved. Though the boy could be shy at times, he seemed to strive in the heat of battle, and Miruko could only slightly smirk at the boy's ability.

Maybe he was a good choice after all...

<--->

A week passes and things begin to fall into a new normal for Izuku. Between learning under Nedzu during most of his time at U.A. and working with Aiziawa every so often. Izuku feels ready, feels like just maybe he could be a hero even without a quirk.

Though he has one, has had one for five years now. It just doesn't feel real, like it wasn't meant to be. But maybe it is, maybe his life is just what it is supposed to be and that makes him smile.

He has three wonderful friends, three father-like figures who care about him. A-a girlfriend who'd move mountains to protect him, and a mother figure who, although rough around the edges, does care about his safety and wellbeing. More so than his real mother ever could he assumed.

Miruko is unlike any teacher Izuku has ever met. Sure, he expected her to be somewhat abrasive. And overall, not that easy to get along with, but he would deal with it. He would understand why she was that way. She was a top hero after all, one who obviously didn't like working with others.

But that wasn't his experience. Far from it if you were to ask him.

Though, Miruko would likely deny any of the accusations brought against her. She did care, deeply so for the greenette who'd wiggled his way into her office. When they'd first started, she hadn't expected much.

What she had received from the boy was nothing but determination and a will to get anything done. And that was all she asked for, he put up with her and though he didn't give as good as he took. She still saw that spark inside of him, one that could make a real honest hero.

She'd protected him when he needed it, given him support when school was just too much and hadn't pushed the boy over the edge. She'd gotten him close, made him cry out in pain during sparring but she'd never broken him.

Never said he couldn't do it, that it wasn't possible for someone like him to become a hero and that is all Izuku needed. Someone who didn't think less of him, Miruko was a mentor, though many would argue against that thought.

She did care, and she would continue to care until she could no longer do so. Izuku needed help, and along with his teacher's from U.A. They'd given him just that. Izuku Midoriya would be a hero in his own right.

On his own terms.

Ending Notes:

The support has been very much appreciated and I try to respond to every comment. I can't always do that with my current schedule but I'll try my best!