Don't Still Love You

Let's get updated on what's happened in the last six months.

Daniel and I got married, we still are married but once he accepted that I did kiss Jack when we were together, he disappeared for a few days, which I understood why.

Daniel came back and he moved all my stuff into the guest room, and that's where I've been staying the last 6 months. Theo doesn't know anything is going on, seeing he's the oldest and he thinks mom and dad should be together forever.

About four months ago, Daniel openly said he was going to start dating. At first I didn't believe him, I just thought he was just saying that to punish me, but a week later he came home with a girl, Skylar, I met her at our wedding. Daniel said she worked at the label, I knew better than that.

Daniel and I made an agreement that to the kids, Skylar was just a friend until Daniel figured out what he wants to do with the marriage.

Daniel is rarely home, and I've rarely left the house.

Daniel won't let anyone know that he knows the twins are Jack's babies. Daniel doesn't help out with them at all, and he won't let Jack come over anymore. I've been pretty much taking care of the three kids all by myself and I'm breaking. It's so hard.

I've been completely shut out from the outside world but I'm changing that. That's changing today.

I woke up in the morning, got all three kids downstairs for breakfast. The twins get some cut up fruit and oatmeal while Theo gets pancakes.

As I'm chopping up strawberries, Daniel comes down the stairs with a guitar in hand

"Oh, pancakes for breakfast, hey buddy?" Daniel kisses Theo on the head as he walks through the kitchen towards the front door

"Bye daddy" Theo waves from his seat, flinging his fork around

"Bye Theo, I love you" Daniel says with a bright smile as I suck in a deep breath

"I'll be back from the studio later than usual" Daniel mumbles in my direction but I continue cutting fruit, ignoring his comment.

As soon as I hear the door click closed, I race to get the diaper bag and stroller ready.

I just want to get out of this house, even if it's just for a little walk.

I get the twins cleaned up and into the double stroller. I get Theo in his shoes and I bust out the door.

The sun immediately falls onto my pale skin and I let the warmth suck me in. I've never been more excited to go somewhere in my life and not even have a destination

"Where we going mommy?" Theo pulls on my light sundress as I walk us to the sidewalk

"We're going for a walk baby, getting some nice fresh air" I smile down at him as he nods his head, holding onto the bottom of my dress as we walk

I take in the fresh breeze as it flows freely through my hair. I feel all my pain and stress fly away with the wind

"Holy shit- Y/n?" I look to my right, seeing Jack standing on his front porch.

My heart aches as my eyes meet Jack's. He's changed so much since I last saw him. His hair is a dark brown and he's got his curls back. His face looks thinner, but he looks happier.

"Hi Jack" I smile, stopping on the sidewalk in front of his house, giving him a small wave

Jack jogs down his steps and through his lawn as Theo hides behind my legs. He clearly doesn't remember him.

Jack embraces me in a tight hug automatically making me wrap my arms tightly around him.

"What are you doing out? Daniel said you broke your ankle so you've been staying at home all this time" I pull out of the hug, giving Jack a confused look.

That's really the excuse Daniel came up with?

"Mommy didn't hurt" Theo tugs on my dress

Jack kneels down so he's at the same level as Theo. Theo peeks around my leg, to see Jack and quickly hides again

"Hi Theo, I'm your uncle Jack"

"You're my uncle?" He whispers

"You've got a lot more, Theo" I smile down at him, as he slowly walks out from behind me.

Theo throws his arms up at Jack and he willingly scoops him up. Jack peeks in the stroller, looking at Hunter and Harper.

"How are they? They've grown so much since I last saw them" Jack's voice lowers into a whisper as he doesn't take his eyes off them

"Good, I think they miss having you around" I smile, knowing it's been me that misses having him around

"Daniel talks about them all the time, well he talks about all four of you, nonstop. It's getting quite annoying" Jack chuckles as my eyebrows squish together

"What? He talks about us?"

"He never stops talking about you, Y/n. You're his world now since you two got married" Jack looks back up to me, seeing how confused my face is

"What? Is that weird?"

"Jack, he has a-"

"Babe? What are you doing here?" Daniel's voice startles me from behind

"I thought you left for the studio?" I palms instantly get sweaty

"I forgot my notebook" Daniel walks up to me, wrapping his arm around my waist to pull me into his chest. My hands land on his chest from the quick movement.

Daniel places a hand under my chin to make me look up into his ocean eyes before he leans in and kisses my lips.

The first time his lips have touched mine since our wedding day.

"Jack! I'm going to the store!" I look over to Jack's house, feeling my blood start to boil as she walks down the steps

"Seriously Jack? Sam?" I pull myself out of Daniel's grip

"We're trying to work things out" Jack mumbles as he places Theo back on the ground.

"Come on, let's get you lot back home. I'll see you at the studio, Jack!" Daniel smiles as he turns the stroller back around towards our house

"Bye Y/n, bye kiddos!" Jack waves as Daniel grabs my hand to pull me back to the house.

"What are you doing?" Daniel growls as we get far enough away from Jack's house.

"Going for a walk" I shrug

"So you walked to Jack's house? Did you tell him anything?"

"No! Jack just happened to be outside when we walked by, I didn't even notice he was out there until he said my name. What's the big deal?"

Daniel pushes the twins to the front door before turning to look at me. His face is hard and his jaw is clenched

"I'm not comfortable with you around him. Last time you two were alone together, you two kissed. Sorry I don't like the thought of my wife kissing someone else"

"You literally have a girlfriend, incase you forgot" I roll my eyes at his petty behaviour

"That doesn't mean I don't still love you"

"If you loved me, we'd try to work this out, not get into new relationships"

I grab Theo, placing him on my hip as I go to unlock the door. I turn around to pull the stroller in, seeing Daniel still standing in the spot I left him in.

"I'll see you when you get back from the studio" I pull the twins in, closing the door, leaving Daniel staring from his spot.