Dani

"Tell me how you convinced me to come, again?" Daniel shakes his head with a laugh.

I somehow managed to get the three kids in the car and Daniel, on a road trip to visit my parents for a couple days. They want to see the twins and Theo.

Neither of my parents know what's been going on with Daniel and I, and I want to keep it that way.

"You just can't say no to me" I take a quick glance at him, seeing the smirk on his face with his arms crossed over his chest, before I quickly look back to the road.

We agreed I'd drive there since I know where we're going and Daniel would drive back.

Daniel said we could fly there but I really don't see flying with three kids going over well. Everyone on the plane would hate us.

"Yeah, it's like you're my wife or something"

Daniel has been true to his word, he's been everything I've wanted in a husband for the last week since I went to the bar. He's brought me flowers everyday he's gone to the studio, he's taken the kids out for random outings so I've had alone time to do whatever I've wanted. He's even said no to friends going out just so he could spend time with me.

My phone that's hooked up to Daniel's Tesla starts ringing. I look at the screen seeing Jack's name come up, meaning he's the one calling. Daniel gives a weird look before pressing the screen to answer the call, since I'm focused on driving. I'm too scared to make it auto drive.

"Hey Jack" I say in a questioning tone, he knows I'm going to see my parents

"Hey Y/n. Are you still driving?" He sounds annoyed

"Yes, so you're on speaker through the car, so choose your words wisely" I joke, hoping he gets the hint not to swear with Theo around

"So Daniel's with you?" Way to go Jack

"I am, what's up man?" Daniel is trying to be more polite with Jack when it comes to me since I made the comment about his jealous rage

"Well, I'd like to sit down and talk to you both about the custody agreement that your lawyer sent to me" Jack huffs

"You made an agreement already, without me?"

"You didn't even let Y/n see this?" Jack laughs. "No wonder"

"I didn't ask my lawyer to send it out yet, I wanted Y/n to look it over first. I'm sorry you got it Jack, that's my fault" Daniel takes the high road and apologizes, which I'm quite surprised about

"The only way Y/n would sign this is if she's on crack"

"Why wouldn't I sign it?" I take a quick look at Daniel, seeing him rub a hand down his face

"We'll set something up when you two get back, I want you to enjoy your trip"

"Jack, what does it-"

"I'll see you guys on Monday" Jack cuts me off before hanging up.

I let out a sigh, just wanting to pull the car over and have a discussion with Daniel about what the hell that agreement entailed but Jack was right, I didn't want anything to ruin this trip to see my parents. I already know something is going to happen between Daniel and my dad but I try to keep a positive attitude.

Daniel rests his hand on my thigh, giving it a reassuring squeeze even though it didn't help one bit.

We finish the last hour of the drive in silence, until I pull into my parents driveway.

"Are you sure we can't stay in a hotel? I'm sure your parents wouldn't appreciate three screaming kids in their home" Daniel pleads, already uncomfortable with staying with my parents for two nights

"No hotels, if you're still uncomfortable tomorrow we can get a hotel" I offer him a smile

"Really?"

"No, now help me with the kids"

"What? Y/n!" Daniel whines as I climb out of the car and open the backseat door to grab out Hunter.

Daniel waits a bit before getting out and grabbing Harper. Theo's asleep, so he's okay to be the last one to grab.

"They're here!" I turn my head to the front door, seeing my mom standing on the front step with the brightest smile on her face. Dad slowly steps out, looking as intimidating as he normally does but he cracks a smile when he sees me.

"Hi Dad" I walk up to them at the door, giving them both a loving hug

"Give me him! Go get the other little boy too" Mom squeals taking Hunter from my arms.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Y/l/n. Lovely seeing you two again" Daniel hugs my mom and kisses her cheek and he shakes my dads hand. I smile with success seeing them get along, for now.

I walk back to the car, seeing a giddy looking Theo staring at my parents. I undo his car seat buckle and he takes off running like no tomorrow towards the house

"Nana! Papa!" He shouts and my Dad scoops him up, while also holding Harper.

I look around for Daniel, seeing him at the trunk, taking out our luggage. I walk over to him and grab out a bag, which makes him jump.

"God, sorry" He mumbles

"Is everything okay?" I give him a light smile, placing a hand on his back

"Everything's good baby, I just didn't expect you there" Daniel smiles, placing a hand on my cheek before kissing my lips

"Did my dad already say something?" My eyes flick to the front of the house, seeing everyone walk inside before they flick back to Daniel

"It's fine Y/n, honest" Daniel smiles again at me but I know it's not fine.

I sit down in the trunk of the Tesla, grabbing his hand to stop him from taking any other bags out.

"What happened?" He shakes his head before sitting down beside me

"Everything's just got me worried" Daniel sucks in a deep breath, holding onto my hand a little tighter. "I've got this month to prove to you that I will be the best husband I can and I'm worried that since your father hates me, he'll make you hate me too"

"Daniel" I whisper, running my thumb against the back of his hand. "What did he say?"

"He just asked if there was any other absurd things I wanted to announce at dinner this time. I get where he's coming from, he has all right to hate me, I just don't want his opinion to effect your decision on staying with me"

I take a deep breath before laying my head on Daniel's shoulder. I probably shouldn't have made Daniel come with me after all his demands to stay home. Yet, I'm not sure which would have done more damage, him coming or staying home. Either way my father would've had something to say.

"My dad's opinion on you didn't change the way I saw you the first time, right? We still got married" I nudge Daniel with my elbow, trying to lighten the mood

"Which I ruined" Guess lighten it up isn't going to happen

"And we're past that, come on Dani" I hop out of the trunk, turning back to see Daniel with twinkle in his eye and a cheeky smile on his lips. "What?"

"You called me Dani" He grabs my hips, pulling me between his spread legs

"Okay?" I give him a confused look

"You haven't called me Dani since we got married" Daniel gushes, clearly overly happy

"Well, you did ruin our wedding day" I chuckle lightly as he drops his hands from my waist. "Come on, let's go inside"

"Oh come on! You can't say that and make me go inside" Daniel tries to sound hurt but the laugh gives him away.