Gone

*Jack POV*

I wake up, annoyed, to my phone violently ringing on my bedside table. I groan, looking at the time seeing it only be 1 in the morning.

I had just fallen asleep too.

I pick up the phone, and hesitantly answer, I don't know the number and I don't quite normally answer if I don't recognize it. With my luck it's some damn scam waking me up.

"Hello?" I rub my left eye as I hold my phone weakly in my right hand

"Hi, I'm Dr. Russ, calling from Grace hospital. Are you Jack Avery?" I nearly fall out of my bed trying to get the blanket off my legs

"I am, is everything okay? What happened?" I race into my closet, getting a random shirt and whatever shoes.

"You're the emergency contact for Y/n Seavey, apart from her husband. There was an accident, I tried contacting their parents but none of them answered at this time, would you be willing to pick up their children?" My heart sinks as I realize that they're back in LA, so something must've happened to both Y/n and Daniel.

"Is Y/n and Daniel okay? Where's the kids now?" I grab my keys, and race out the door to my car.

"I am not allowed to disclose that information at this time, we can discuss it further once you get here"

"I'm on my way" I hang up the call, fumbling to get my keys into the ignition.

My body shakes as I drive down the freeway towards Grace Hospital. I tap on the steering wheel to try to keep myself calm but it only annoys me.

~

I try to think rationally as I walk into the hospital. The kids are all okay, as I'm coming to pick them up, it's Daniel and Y/n that got hurt.

I walk to the information desk and they send me to the second floor to the ICU. When I get there I stop at the front desk to tell them who I am.

"I'm Jack Avery. I'm here to get the Seavey kids" My hands shake as I force them into my pocket.

"I'll get you the doctor" I nod as she walks away.

I glance around the small waiting room, not seeing too many people here. I force myself to focus on a painting hanging on the wall of a small brown bird. It's flying through the air.

Thinking about it makes me nauseous.

"Mr. Avery, thank you for coming by at this time" I whip my head back around, hearing the same doctor I spoke to on the phone.

"Is everyone okay?" I nervously step up to him, trying to focus on my breathing

"I'll take you to the kids" Why isn't he answering?

I follow behind him, looking into every room's window, looking to see if I can spot Daniel or Y/n but I almost bump into the doctor as he stops.

"We placed the kids in an empty room. They were asleep the last time I checked on them" The doctor opens the door and I see Theo sleeping in the hospital bed and Harper in a crib the hospital must have provided

"Where's Hunter? There's three kids" I quickly look at the doctor, feeling my heart pound faster

"I can't discuss that with you, you're not the parent-"

"I am, I'm the father to the twins. Where's my son?" Anger took over my fear as my fists clutch, I'm getting answers

"Sir-"

"Where's my son!?"

"He's upstairs, he's in our NICU" If I didn't know biology, I'd think my heart just fell into my stomach.

"Is he going to be okay? Is Y/n okay?" I look back at the two kids sleeping peacefully and my heart aches seeing one of them not there

"I've been just informed that Mrs. Seavey just woke up, would you like to see her?" I roll my eyes as he says Seavey as he looks down at his pager.

I hesitantly nod, shutting the door with the kids inside. I follow the doctor down the hall, seeing Daniel unconscious in a room as we walk by. He looks rough, but okay, I think.

"Mr. Seavey's parents got back to us and they're on their way. They can take the children if you'd like" The doctor stops, Y/n's room is just a few down from the kids.

"I'll talk to them"

"I'd like to talk with Mrs. Seavey alone first. You can wait out here" The doctor smiles nervously before walking into the room.

I walk to the other side of the hall, leaning back while I stare at the closed door. I imagine he's explaining to Y/n what happened and how she got here. Probably telling her what's wrong with her body and to take it easy.

Or, that's what I thought.

"No. No! NO!" Y/n yells and I panic.

I race into the room, not caring that the doctor wanted her alone.

Y/n's curled up in her bed, looked bruised but healthy. She's completely red in the face with tears streaming down her cheeks. Her body is shaking as the doctor injects something into her IV, assuming it's to calm her nerves.

I race over to her bed, wrapping my arms around her frail and shaking body. Y/n doesn't move, she just shakes as sobs continue to leave her perfect pink lips.

"He's gone Jack, he's gone" I turn to look at the doctor as Y/n's statement sends my blood cold.

"I'm so sorry for your loss"