Skylar

I'm sitting on the couch, going through some things on my laptop when the door quietly opens.

Seeing as it's 11 at night, Daniel tries to be quiet, probably thinking I'm asleep.

I hear Daniel put his keys in the bowl beside the door. He lets out a deep breath as he walks to the fridge.

"How was the studio?" Daniel flinches, slamming the fridge door shut

"Christ Y/n, why are you awake?" Daniel shakes his head, walking over to me with a bottle of water

"I wanted to talk" I pat the couch beside me.

Daniel raises an eyebrow as he walks around the couch, sitting a few feet away from me. He takes a deep breath before drinking nearly half his water.

"What's on your mind?" Daniel leans back on the arm of the couch, so he's still able to see me.

"I'm going to move out" I blurt out, closing my laptop

"Where are you gonna go? You haven't had a job for the last three years you've lived in LA, you've used either mine or Jack's money to provide for yourself and Theo, now you have the twins, what's your plan?" Daniel chuckles, shaking his head

Well, that was a low blow. He's not wrong about it but the way that just crushed my self esteem makes my heart ache.

"I'm going to move back home, my parents said I could stay with them"

Daniel leans forward, placing his head in his hands as he lets out a loud huff.

"What about Theo? I'll never see him if you move"

"I'll drive back and forth, I'll stay here for the weekends, so you'll still see him every week"

"No" Daniel lets out a shaky breath

"I just can't keep doing this, Daniel. I'm raising three kids, two of them by myself because you won't even look at the twins, you won't even let Jack see them. I can't keep pretending that I'm okay and that I'm strong because I'm not. You're never here anymore, I'm alone, I can't do it anymore"

My voice comes out hoarse as I begin to cry. I shake my head trying to fight it, but I can't. I can't keep living like this.

"Please, please don't go" Daniel whispers, moving closer to me.

"What?" I look up from my lap with my eyebrows pushed together, seeing Daniel hesitate to grab my hand

"I'll, um, I'll start taking care of the kids, I'll start being a father to the twins, just please don't go"

There has to be some sort of catch, he wouldn't want to start being a father to the twins without something in return.

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"I've lost you too many times already, I'm not letting you walk away again" Daniel grabs onto my hand, holding it close to his face as he begins to cry, silently

"Daniel, you have a girlfriend" It doesn't get easier the more I say it

"I kept thinking about what you said today. 'If I loved you, we'd try to work this out' I want to try Y/n. I'll end things with Sky, I'm willing to forgive you for having Jack's babies"

I'm sorry, what? Forgive me?

"Hold on, forgive me? I've told you so many times that I didn't know they were Jack's until you told me. How is that my fault?" I pull my hand away from Daniel, ready to hear this bullshit explanation

"There's no way you didn't know, Y/n. You had to have known, maybe not from someone telling you but maybe you had a feeling" I sigh, leaning back into the couch

"The only thing that would've given me an idea was the fact that he was more involved than you were. You were never there, even before the wedding"

"I wanted you to fall apart like I did when I found out"

"I did, so I hope you're happy"

"No, baby, I don't want you feeling like that anymore. I'll help out, I'll be home more, I promise you that, okay? I'll start making an effort"

I can't help but believe Daniels words. I mean, I'll believe it when I see it, but I do hope his words are true.

"I promise" Daniel grabs my hand again, lightly rubbing his thumb across the back of my hand

"Okay" I whisper

"Okay?" Daniel smiles

"Okay" I nod, looking into his strong ocean eyes

A light knock on the front door causes Daniel to sigh. He lets go of my hand, kissing the top of my head before walking over to answer it.

As I already know who's on the other side of the door, I pick up my laptop, opening it up to maybe find a part time job, so I don't feel like I'm a burden, wasting Daniels money.

"Hey baby" Skylar's high pitched voice rings through the quiet lower floor of the house

"Hi, keep your voice down, please" Daniel warns as her high heels click against the hardwood floor.

"Oh, uh- Hi Mrs Seavey"

I look up seeing the tall brunette, seeing her brown eyes already staring at me like a deer caught in the headlights. She's in a long black coat with no clear indication on if she's wearing clothes underneath.

I offer her a smile before a horrible idea pops into my head.

"Hi Skylar. Hey, is your work hiring?"

"It always is, why?" I can tell she's uncomfortable

"I'm looking for a job" Daniel quickly places down his random ingredients to make whatever he was making at midnight.

"No. Hell no." I now rest my arms on the back of the sofa, so I'm able to watch the couple in the kitchen

"Why not? Like you said, I haven't had a job in three years-"

"I'm not letting my wife become a stripper, sorry" Daniel's fists tighten as I laugh

"Your ex wife, you're getting a divorce" Skylar pipes in

"We are?" I smile, loving how this is playing out

"Sky, we aren't getting a divorce" Daniel sighs, leaning himself on the kitchen counter, crossing his muscular arms across his chest

"What? You said you were, that's why I agreed to date you while you're still married" Skylar lowers her voice, as if I can't hear them from the open concept

"We talked about it, we're going to try and work things out" Oh, so when he said he was ending things, he meant he's ending things now?

"What? After all the horrible things you've said about her, now you're working things out?"

I deserve that

"I've been in love with her for three years, Sky. We're married, we've got kids together-"

I don't deserve that

"Two of them aren't even yours!"

"Alright, while you two discuss my marriage, I'll be in my bed" I say over top of their bickering.

I grab my laptop and phone, walking back towards the stairs.

As I get into the guest room, I flop down onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

My heart aches at the thought of Daniel confiding to Skylar. I understand that they've been dating for a while but why does he tell her the twins aren't his when he won't even tell his family that they aren't his?