Progress

*Daniel POV*

It's been three weeks since the accident. Nothing feels the same anymore, and I'm afraid nothing will go back to the way it was.

Pretty much everyone has come by the house to share their condolences but Y/n hasn't said a word to anybody, not even me. She hasn't gotten out of bed or eaten much and I'm really worried about her mental state.

I walk upstairs with a tray of lunch for her, and I'm not surprised when I see the tray of breakfast, untouched.

I replace the tray and I put the breakfast on the table by the door. I walk back over to Y/n, laying in bed, wrapped in the blankets with tired eyes. I know she hasn't been sleeping much, even with everything I've tried.

"Hey baby" I get down on my knees in front of her, blocking the view of the wall she was staring at.

"Mom is dropping off Theo today, she's got a work trip tomorrow" Y/n blinks before her eyes meet mine. Her eyes look empty, like the life inside her has vanished.

I've been trying to speak to her in a light tone, so she doesn't think I'm being too harsh on her but I need her back. I need my Y/n back.

"Y/n you need to shower, eat. Something, anything. Please" I beg

I feel like I'm losing the love of my life. I'd much rather have Y/n back to wanting a divorce and lose her physically than lose her mentally.

"I'll leave you alone if you at least take a bite of your food" I grab the lunch tray and place it by her legs.

I'm not going to lie and say it didn't hurt when she slowly sat up, looking at the sandwich and apple juice I brought. She picks up the sandwich, taking a medium sized bite before placing it back down and shallowing her food. She lays back down, staring at a new place on the wall.

I let out a silent breath, grabbing the tray and placing it back on the table beside the bed.

"Thank you" I stand up, placing a kiss on her temple. "I love you"

The sound of the doorbell echoes through the house and I know it's Mom with Theo. I leave
Y/n on our bed and close the door behind me.

I race down the stairs to see both Theo and Mom already inside and in the kitchen.

"How is she?" Mom walks over, giving me a tight hug.

"No better than before" I whisper out, trying to keep my emotions together.

"I'll go talk to her-"

"She won't even talk to me, Mom. I don't know what to do. This is the first time I got her to eat something in days and it was only to get me to go away" As much as I tried to keep my emotions inside, it hurts.

Yes, Y/n lost a baby that day but so did I.

"Let me just talk to her, okay?" I nod and Mom takes off up the stairs.

"Daddy!" Theo shouts, running and jumping in my arms. I hold Theo tightly, so glad he doesn't have a scratch on his body. I carry him to the living room and sit him down on my lap.

"Did you have fun with grandma?" I brush his hair back, kissing his forehead

"Yeah! Gramma and I made cookies and had sweep overs" I smile, feeling tears come to my eyes as my son tells me about his last few weeks with Mom.

Jack still has Harper but he's been calling everyday to ask me how Y/n is and telling me how Harper is doing. I don't know how long he plans on keeping her, but I guess it's fine for now, until Y/n is ready to see her again. I know it's going to be hard to see her and not feel upset when she doesn't have her twin by her side.

My head whips to the stairs as Mom comes into view. She smiles lightly before sitting down on the couch beside us.

"She asked for help in the bath" Mom grabs Theo from my lap and I immediately jump up

"She spoke with you?" Mom nods

"Only a little, but she understands what she needs to do now. I'll watch Theo until you two are done" I kiss Mom's cheek before racing up the stairs and into our room.

Y/n sits with her feet dangling off the side of the bed. She's watching her feet sway back and forth. I notice the tray of food completely empty and I can't help but smile.

Whatever Mom said, worked.

"Hey baby" I whisper, walking towards the bed

"Can you help?" My heart melts hearing her speak for the first time in weeks

"Of course baby"

I stand in front of Y/n, grabbing underneath her thighs and wrapping her legs around my waist to carry her to the bathroom. I place her down on the sink counter and start running her a bath. I grab her favourite shampoo and soaps, along with a cup to help me wash her hair.

As the water runs, I turn around to see my beautiful wife, looking horrible. Her hair is a birds nest from not being brushed for days, her eyes have dark bags underneath and she overall looks unhealthy.

I pull at her sweater, slowly taking it off. She's left in just a pair of panties and I do my best not to stare, now is not the time. Y/n slides off the counter and I help slide off her underwear before I turn off the tap.

I pull off my sweater so I'm left in a grey tee shirt and I gently place Y/n in the bath. I let her soak in it for a few minutes before getting down on my knees to help her clean her body.

"Head back" I whisper, scooping up a cup full of water, I place my hand on her forehead and dump the water on her hair, letting it run down her body.

She shivers lightly as I move on from washing her hair to her body. My hands haven't touched her skin in this way since before we were married. I've never wanted to pressure her or put her in an uncomfortable position, so I stop just before I put the soap in my hand.

"Is this okay? Do you want to do this part yourself?"

"No" No? Why did I ask two different questions? "It's okay"

Once I'm done getting Y/n washed and rinsed, I pull the plug in the tub and get Y/n wrapped in a warm fuzzy towel. I walk slowly with her and sit her down in our bed. I walk into our closet and grab Y/n out a pair of my sweatpants and one of my sweaters. I know she's just going to want to be comfy, and I'm going to try my best to make sure she feels loved.

I help her put my clothes on and I sit beside her until I remember Mom down with Theo.

"Do you want to watch a movie? I can grab some snacks and come back? I'm sure Theo would love to cuddle with us" She nods

I kiss her forehead before grabbing the trays of food and I head back downstairs.

"Thank you for watching him" I call out to mom as she gets up from the couch

"Of course dear. Let me know if you need anything else" I hug mom goodbye before heading to the kitchen to make some movie snacks.

"Where's mommy?" Theo runs into the kitchen, holding onto his stuffed elephant

"She's upstairs. We're going to get snacks and watch a movie in bed with her, okay?" I throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave because I know it's one of her favourite snacks.

I go into the fridge, grabbing out different drinks and fruits for the movie, placing them on a tray so it's easier to carry.

"Mommy!" I turn to look, seeing Theo running to the stairs.

My heart melts seeing Y/n at the bottom of the stairs, kneeling down to embrace Theo at his high running speed. This is the first time she's been downstairs since we got home from the hospital.

I take the popcorn out of the microwave, throwing the bag onto the counter. I quickly walk over to Y/n as she picks up Theo. I embrace them both into a tight hug, kissing Y/n's temple.

I'm so fucking proud of her.