Pregnant

*Y/n POV*

Daniel decided to tell me this morning that all the guys were coming over this afternoon. So I was panicked.

I am cleaning the house like a mad man as Daniel is watching Theo because he thinks the house is clean, even though you can step on a toy every two feet.

A knock on the door almost causes me to drop all the toys in my arms. I look up at Daniel who is getting off the couch, with wide eyes.

"You're okay babe" Daniel laughs as he goes to open the door.

I haven't even started making the food yet! The salad isn't ready, the burgers aren't out, nothings ready!

As Corbyn and Jonah step through the door, I put on my brightest smile, acting like I'm totally not panicked about seeing them for the first time in months.

Daniel motions them in the house while I rush upstairs to place the toys in Theo's toy box. As I race back down the stairs, Jack walks in, with Sam.

"All we're missing is Zach" Daniel says and the boy burst into a fit of laughter

"We told him to come by at noon, so he should be here anytime" Corbyn shrugs knowing Zach comes by two hours late, always

"Drinks anyone?" I smile, walking towards the living room

"Aye! There she is!" Jonah shouts

"She's alive!" Corbyn adds

"Yeah yeah" I wave my hands, "Drinks are cold"

Everyone throws out drinks and I walk to the kitchen to grab them. As I'm grabbing out a few bottles of water, a hand reaches in to grab one.

"Can I help?" Sam's normally loud voice comes out soft and somewhat soothing, I don't buy it

"Sure" I smile but I keep my guard up

Sam takes a few drinks and walks back to the living room while I grab one more before heading back.

Jack's sitting on the ground with Theo, playing with his cars, Corbyn and Jonah are on the couch with Daniel and Sam sits in the corner, by herself, sipping water.

I pass around the drinks, and I sit quietly next to Sam. I don't exactly know what to say to her or how to go about even starting a conversation but, I try.

"How've you been?"

"Fine"

"How long have you and Jack been back together?"

"Two months"

Like I said, I tried.

Everyone makes light conversation until Zach comes bursting through the door, with bags in his hands.

"The party can officially begin!" Zach cheers walking towards the living room

"Oh gosh, what did you bring?" Daniel chuckles getting up from his seat

"Just some presents for my niece and nephews!" Zach gushes as Daniel takes the bags from his hands.

"Y/n! Good seeing you again!" Zach rushes over to give me a hug. "Sam, you're still around" He rolls his eyes before sitting next to me.

We talk for a good while, catching up while Sam still pouts in the corner. I watch as Theo tugs Jack's sleeve and then they walk upstairs.

Daniel ushers everyone outside to start cooking but I stay inside to start working on the salad.

Once everyone's out, Jack and Theo come back down with a few different toys.

"Alright bud, you head outside, I'm going to talk to your mom for a second" Jack smiles ruffling up his hair.

"What's going on?" I smile politely, cutting up the lettuce as Theo takes off running

"So, Theo wanted to show me one of his toys.."

"Okay?" I shrug

"It was in the guest room" I freeze. "What's going on, Y/n? I saw all your stuff in there, none of your stuff is in with Daniel's in his room"

"You went through our stuff?" I'm not exactly sure why I got so defensive

"No, I just happened to go into the guest room and literally all of your stuff is in there. All your clothes, make up, random nicknacks. Is everything okay? You know you can talk to me" Jack places a sympathetic hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off

"We're fine, just had a few bumps here and there but I think we worked it out"

"So you're not going to tell me, okay, but can you tell me why Daniel said he hasn't spent a day with your kids in six months? It doesn't add up, he's had weekends free to do whatever he's wanted" I sigh, he's really not going to give up

"He's been busy with family things, it's okay Jack, honest" I get back to cutting the lettuce, giving Jack a hopeful smile, hoping he'll give this up

"Is it about the girl that's been coming by everyday at midnight?" The knife slips and I almost cut my finger but I luckily miss

"I'm taking that as a yes" Jack smirks with satisfaction.

"Everything okay in here?" I look up seeing Daniel peeking his head in from the patio doors with his lately, usual happy smile.

"Yes, I'm just going to finish this and then wake up the twins" I shallow the bitter taste in my mouth and put on the most convincing smile I have.

"I'll get them babe, don't worry. Jack, can you help?"

"Yeah man" Jack smiles weakly before him and Daniel disappear up the stairs.

How the hell did Jack see Skylar? Daniel said her coming in and out of the house would go completely unnoticed.

I force a smile as Daniel comes down the stairs with Hunter and Jack follows close behind with Harper.

"Hi mommy" Daniel smiles as he makes Hunter wave his little arm my way

"Hi babies" I smile and wave as the four head out the door.

I finish up the salad quickly, just wanting to get out to spend time with everyone. I place it in a big bowl before walking out into the backyard.

Zach and Corbyn are dipping the twins feet in the pool while Jonah is chasing after Theo. Daniel, Jack and Sam are all sitting at the table.

I place the bowl on the table, just about to sit down when the doorbell rings. I visibly roll my eyes before putting on a smile.

"I can get it baby, sit down" Daniel places a hand on my shoulder but I shake my head

"No, I got it, no worries" I gracefully kiss his cheek before walking back into the house but not before I glance back, seeing Jack clenching his jaw, with a stern glare.

The door bell rings again so I quickly race into the house and to the front door. I flatten down my pastel yellow sundress and put on a happy smile before swinging the door open, only to immediately pull it back so it's only open just a bit.

My smile fades and a wave of anxiety washes over me.

"Hi Mrs Seavey, is Daniel here?"

"Skylar, now isn't a good time. I'm sorry, can you come back tomorrow?" I shift back and forth on my feet, trying to make the conversation quick before anyone notices her here.

"No, I need to speak with him now, it's important" Her big brown eyes stare right through me as she fondles her purse

"We have company-"

"I'm pregnant"