Chapter 2

Morning came quicker than Akira thought and as soon as Nero woke up he was gathering the men in the middle of the camp for a meeting about their upcoming job,

"Get five teas and make some bread" he ordered to Akira.

"Don't I need to sit in on the meeting?" She asked with curiosity.

"No! You will not be coming on this one or any from now on. It's too dangerous. Just concentrate on bringing me a son. OK?!" He grimaced.

Some of the other male pack members sniggered and she went back to the cabin wounded and confused.

"Do you need any help?" A friendly voice asked from the door.

It was Daya, Manson's wife, with a basket of vegetables.

"Thanks, Daya. Could you do the tea's and I'll start on the breads please?" Akira solemnly replied and hugged her friend.

However, Daya wasn't always kind or a friend to Akira.

When Akira joined the pack, Daya wasn't happy with the new female arrival and didn't welcome her as some of the other females did.

She would not help Akira with the chores, argued with her and spread lies about her to the others.

When Akira would try to confront her, she would use her knowledge of the pack to gain support from some of the other younger females, who also treated her like an outcast.

"There's something about you that is not like us. I know your hiding something and just because you've convinced Galon your one of us, you don't fool me!" Daya would spit whenever Akira would challenge her.

Knowing it couldn't go on forever, Akira realised she only had two options - make her position clear or leave the pack.

The latter wasn't an option and Galon was not going to get involve with 'female matters' as he classed them as so Akira set out a plan.

One afternoon, when the males went hunting, Akira went to the woods and picked a bunch of berries.

She cupped the purple fruit in her hand and closed her eyes.

Throwing her head back, she closed her eyes and whispered something to the clear afternoon sky.

A glistening stream of grey light appeared from above and shimmered down to her hands.

She held her closed palms up to the clouds before delicately blowing her breathe into a small gap in her hands and smiled at the results.

The berries began to fizz and melt in between her palms and formed a swirling ball of liquid.

Hearing noises coming from ahead, she quickly rummaged around the pockets in her dress and pulled out a small glass bottle.

"Into the bottle you go, until it is time to for you to flow, once my enemy takes a sip, you will take her to the crypt" Akira whispered to the ball that was now floating from her palm to the bottle.

The glittering light shot back into the air and Akira looked up to see clouds had formed over the previously clear afternoon sky.

Ignoring the change in weather, she returned her focus to the ball swirling in front of her.

The violet colour quickly drained from the animated mass when the grey stream returned to the sky, and left an eerie black liquid slinking in front of her, waiting for command.

Akira held the vial closer towards the dark mass and gestured it towards it's new home.

The ball slithered into the bottle and started to swirl with vigour.