Chapter 13

"What are we going to do?" Celina shrieked.

Manson turned to leave and opened the door, smiling at his new found power.

Akira looked around desperately and dropped to her knees.

She scooped up some mud from the damp ground and began to churn it in her hands.

Unaffected by the display, Manson chuckled and stepped forward,

"No!" Celina shouted and held her hand up towards the fleeing man.

The barn door shut with a bang, throwing Manson off balance as he tumbled back into the barn and looked at the girl with fury,

"I did just want to kill the little mix breed but I could wet my appetite by starting with you!" He warned and started to advance on the women.

Celina held onto Akira's shoulders, petrified at the speed he was approaching with,

"Akira! Quickly! I cannot hold him off!" She yelled.

Concentrating on the dirt in her hands, Akira ignored her pleading friend, closed her eyes and blew into the palms of her hands.

The dark mud fizzled and swirled into a mass before Akira whispered,

"Mother Nature, one of love. Please bring life to above. With this mud, I plant the seed. Mother Nature, grow this weed".

Manson leapt forward with his arms out, feet away from his target, Celina.

Akira shot up and threw the swirling ball of mud at her launching pack member and scurried backwards, grabbing Celina to create distance between them and their attacker.

The dark ball of mud hit Manson's feet, grounding him to the spot as it slithered its way up his body before fully engulfing him in the animated muddy sphere.

He violently thrashed and tried to rip his way out but it was no use.

The pulsating mass began to harden from the feet up, replacing the vibrating muddy ball with a harden shell.

"What is that coming from the ground?" Celina gasped and pointed to his feet.

Her trembling finger pointed towards thick vines that were now ripping there way from the floor and twining themselves tightly around Manson's quivering body as he used the last of his energy to try to get free.

"I will kill -" he muttered but it was too late.

Within seconds the dense vines had covered his entire body mummifying him in an impenetrable tomb.

Celina and Akira looked at each other through withered eyes and hugged in wavering relief,

"We cannot leave him here" Celina stated with concern.

Akira looked around the barn but no hiding spots came to mind.

"Someone will come looking for him soon so we have to get rid of him" she replied with a heavy heart.

The blood ran from Celina's face as she knew what was coming,

"I understand. I will stand by your side" she whispered as Akira returned a wary smile.

"You need to make sure all exits are blocked and if I cannot return then I want you to know that...I feel the same way" she confessed and softly kissed her worried friend.

Celina's face lit up at the confession then went pale again at the realisation of the gravity of what was about to happen.

She jumped up in front of Akira and grabbed her tight,