Chapter 14

Unaware of her surroundings, Akira continued to squeeze the vine tower tightly as more black smoke filtered into the air before a final cracking sound could be heard.

The men started banging on the door and Celina held her arms out in front of her,

"I cannot hold them for long. The building is going to come down!" She yelled.

The men yanked at the doors and attempted to look through the windows but they were too high.

Unaffected by the imminent threat of exposure, Akira ripped open her wings and stood back.

Her oversized eyes looked on as the once mummified Manson had vanished and all that stood in his place was a pile of black ash that was now floating into the morning breeze.

She regarded the tower of ash without emotion and turned her attention to the pack members trying to gain entry.

Celina ran towards her friend then stopped midway, not knowing what she would do.

"Akira, can you hear me?" She whispered cautiously.

Akira turned to Celina and regarded her with subtle curiosity.

"I need you to turn back now, will you let me help you?" She continued.

Akira didn't respond, instead choosing to focus her rage on the men trying to gain access.

Celina warily approached her friend from behind and softly grabbed hold of her claw.

Akira flinched in surprise and growled at the invasion.

Celina's quivering hand grasped tighter onto her bothered friend and she closed her eyes and tried once again to penetrate Akira's mind.

She pushed through the fogs of rage and battled through the swirls of anger and misery that were trying to remain firmly in Akira's mind and began to filter in her own thoughts and emotions.

Memories of the previous night by the fire pushed the painful memories to one side and feelings of happiness, trust and devotion swept away the other negative feelings, pushing them back into the vault they were locked in for all those years,

"Hear me, Akira! Use my emotions to come back to me!" Her voice echoed in Akira's head.

Akira held her head with her other hand as the invasion was not welcomed by her painful thoughts of the past.

The war in her head was ending and Celina had won.

Akira dropped down to her knees in exhaustion and cried out in pain as her body pushed itself back into her human form.

Celina regarded Akira's naked body with trepidation as she looked at her dress that had been shredded to splinters in her transformation.

"Here, let's put these on you" she whispered and started to undress.

She put her undergarments on Akira and put back on her dress before propping her up on a haystack.

Celina jumped beside her panting friend just as the doors swung open to reveal the angry men.

"What is going on in here?" A man bellowed.

The girl shot a look of innocence as the men looked around the wet barn in disbelief,

"Where is Manson? He came to give you breakfast a while ago and has not been seen since" Bahram asked, regarding Akira's appearance with suspicion.

NOTE:

Thank you for taking the time to read this chapter!

To show your support I would love it if you could:

1. Follow me and receive instant updates when a new chapter is uploaded

2. Vote for this chapter (if you enjoyed it of course!)

3. Make a comment and leave me some constructive feedback (because I'm still a newbie who is still learning!)

Thanks everyone & have a great day (or night!) 😊