Chapter 16

Akira quickly returned to the camp and Nero regarded her appearance with distain,

"What happened to your dress?" He asked looking at her undergarments with a furious stare.

Akira shift around on the spot as all eyes were on her,

"I ripped it in the barn" she lied, crossing her arms over her chest in embarrassment.

Nero looked at the men admiring Akira's exposed state and barked,

"Hurry up and put a dress on!"

He looked at each one of the men with venom in his glare and they all looked down at the floor.

Akira ran to her cabin, avoiding inquisitive stares from the women and children at the other side of the camp and slammed the door shut.

She frantically looked around the cabin before being assured she was alone and raced into the main room.

The fire roared with a pot of water over it but Akira had no time to tend to it.

Instead she crept over to the corner of the room and fell to her knees.

Removing the loose floorboard, she quickly inspected the hidden bag of coins and let out a sigh of relief,

"Not long to go now!" She smiled to herself before putting the floorboard back and changing into a dark brown dress.

Inspecting her appearance in her silver hand mirror, she brushed her hair from her face and for the first time, she smiled at the reflection staring back at her.

"The time is nigh!" She whispered to the woman in the mirror and smiled at thoughts of the future.

The reflection winked back at her statement but instead of being shocked at the weird phenomenon, Akira felt a sense of impending power and returned to the camp with a new sense of purpose.

She sat back beside Nero and settled in to listen to the important announcement.

The men were chatting amongst themselves about weapons and the whereabouts of Manson as Nero regarded his mate with intrigue,

"There is something different about you! What is it?" He asked, scratching his head in bewilderment.

Akira looked away from his prying glare and deduced,

"I have clothes on now!"

The rest of the men laughed at her quipped response as Nero grimaced at bis wives jovial reply.

"Enough of this! Time for business!" He bellowed.

Nero began to discuss different options of keeping the humans from finding Celina and there camp when he was interrupted,

"Sorry Nero but there is no sign of Manson! We went outside of London but the only scent we could detect was in the barn" the two men reported.

The pack started to look at each other and became agitated, looking at their leader for answers.

Nero looked furiously at Akira,

"When did he leave the barn?" He asked.

His eyes inspected every aspect of her face,

"Just after he gave Celina her breakfast. He left straight after" she lied.

Nero refused to take his eyes off his lying wife in a bid to see a slip in her composed state but Akira used her new confidence and held his glare.

"Where is he? Why us he not here for your meeting?" Daya raced over and interrupted.

Bahram got up and put his arm around her but this did not distract his frantic pack member.