1:20

ACT 1

ACT 1

 THORNES ARE HIDDEN BY RED ROSES

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses."

― Alphonse Karr,

"Are you sure have anything, Talia?" Yvonne asked as the green-eyed female leaned her on the handle of her diaphanous black suitcase, the other one behind her as they stood in the same hangar Talia arrived at a day ago.

"I doubled check, again thank you for your hospitality," Talia acknowledged.

"It's no problem, visit more after we graduate," Yvonne quipped.

"Will do, hopefully, I get in a university," Talia sighed as Yvonne chortled.

"You're smart as hell, Cambridge or Oxford will take you without a second thought. Huh, unlike me who working my ass off to get into Cape Town," Yvonne sighed as Talia felt uneasy on her first statement.

"I'm not sure even if I want to go to Uni, I mean maybe but I wanna take a gap year and travel first," Yvonne stated, looking up as she then looked back at her friend, "What course do you think of taking? Med, Law Engineering?"

"The thing is I hate both of those," Talia's eyes softened as she looked at her canine lounging languorously next to her suitcase making her chuckle, "I mean it's one of those things I have to be good at I guess, at my school I 'barely' passed both."

"Wow, really, I always thought you were going to either. Not to offend you by the way, but you know us with the level of standard-,"

"No, no it's alright. I get what you mean. I mean the thing is with my parents they don't pressure me to do the stuff. But it's sort of, I guess my family. They're not like my parents, or as understanding I suppose. I mean, sure both my parents did respectable courses but the thing is they enjoyed doing it. The people in my milieu I could say are quite... judgemental.