Prologue

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟎

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟎

FORTUNES AND SACRIFICES

"some sacrifices must be made for family,"

Eight years ago

A young ten-year-old ebony-haired girl had just returned from her tutoring session with her head tutor Park Se-Ri, an elite Korean tutor that specialised in moulding only the smartest and perfect children of the wealthy. Gifted to Talia on her eighth birthday from then on the studious woman oversaw every aspect of the girl's life, with her cluster of teachers that did everything in their power to make sure the young heir got nothing but perfect scores, monitored well-being rates to make sure she performed to absolute supremacy.

Freshly arriving at her grandfather's large estate where Talia wondered the halls, holding a plastic azure ball in her hands searching for her youngest aunt -to which she had promised to play with once she arrived from her session.

Talia then heard faint voices, as she turned to the main hallway of the third floor of the building. 'the meeting room,' Talia said in her head as she looked down the calacatta marble hallway as it stretched down to a round opening and a round wooden table, decorated with a single plant as behind it stood the large doors leading to what her mother had told her the main meeting room.

Used since the peak of the early reign of her family's exceptional lineage, she tiptoed quietly as curious to what supposed people were discussing inside the room. Her face pressed against the wooden door a small light from under the doors was her only source of eavesdropping the conversation.

"Unbelievable!" she heard a man rage that could only belong to her grandfather's voice, the old head of the house.

Inside the room, with glossy walls of marble shaped like an octagon, a round red carpet placed under the wooden table. The table, largely shaped, befitting of what Talia calling it the 'Round Table' from King Arthur legends, seven figures sat around.